Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup-restore query

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to restore a system from an online backup.

The checked the backup files - I found the offline redo log files. But there are no online redo log files(Origlog and Mirrlog)

Would I be able to restore and recover successfully with just the database online backup and offlien redo logs?

Aren't online redo logs needed to restore the database?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, that is depending on to what time you want to restore your system. If it is enough to restore to time of online backup, you will need redo logs which were created during this online backup to built consistent database. You can check log of that backup (sapbackup directory) which redo logs you will need - in the time of begin backup - check current sequence number and then in the time of end backup same procedure.

If you want to restore DB and make recovery to current time you will need also actual online redo logs, otherwise you won't be able to built consistent DB. BTW. where are you looking for online redo logs how is it possible that you don't have them/cannot find them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Online+redolog(archive) files for a standard restore process.

Above files are sufficient for restore.....search/read online and offline redologs in oracle and system copy using online backup restore

Regards,

Nick Loy