cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many scenarios on earth does SAP-SCM solution have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm confused by SAP - SCM 's scenarios.

What does scenario exactly mean?

I came accross some confusing terminology during my learning:

APO scenario: it includes DP, SNP, PP/DS scenario and so on.

But APO meanwile means one component in SCM.

Then how can we differentiate between them?

And does that mean APO scenario only needs the APO component?

It's just a mass.

Regards,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aaron,

How many scenarios on earth does SAP-SCM solution have?

Over the years, SAP has used the word 'scenario' in many different ways, and in many different contexts. I doubt you will get a definitive answer that everyone can agree upon. There is no 'right' answer.

With respect to SCM scenarios, I usually just refer to SAP's Best Practices area. If you refer to the Scenarios found in http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/html/preconfigured_scenarios_SCM.htm as 'scenarios' most people will at least understand what you are talking about.

But APO meanwile means one component in SCM. Then how can we differentiate between them?

One way is to log onto SCM. Look at the SAP menu. Each of the main items generally corresponds to the main components of SCM.

And does that mean APO scenario only needs the APO component?

That depends on what you mean when you say 'APO' scenario. A business scenario can include multiple building blocks, each of which could be from different SCM components

It's just a mess.

If you say so. For me, I prefer not to stress out on how SAP chooses (or does not choose) to organize their software solutions. Rather, I tend instead to just work towards learning and using the functionality,

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

Thank you for your answer and advcie.

I really appreciate.

Regards,

Aaron

Answers (0)