cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

counter in file name in receiver file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using FTP, my requirement is to add counter in the file name i.e XYZ001.

And added to this i can increment the counter till XYZ020, after this i am supposed to start again from XYZ001.It will be some how handled that when i place XYZ001 for the second time , it will not overwrite the earlier one as it will be proccess by that time.

I could have used addcounter but it doesnt work for FTP:(...also have seen /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/10/05/pixi-maintaining-sequence-numbers-in-file-name-scheme

Do we have any new feature added in PI 7.1 for handling this.

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/10/05/pixi-maintaining-sequence-numbers-in-file-name-scheme

apart from the options i have mentioned there unfortunately there are no standard feature available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks shabz..

Request you to please let me know how to proceed with the first option which you have mentioned i.e,how to create tables and will i be able to start the counter again from xyz001 once i reach xyz020? is there any abap code to be written (wiil be asking SAP counterpart ) or we need to do it in the dynamic configuration udf? Please let me know how to do the same.

1. Maintain a table in SAP. Use/Code a RFC call to look up the sequence number from this table, incrementing the value after it is read. The result is then used in a dynamic configuration code, and the file name can be generated at that point.

Will this impact performance ?..mine is a credit card authentication interface and response time is imp...

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Just ask your ABAP team to maintain a variable (instead of asking to create table) which has to be incremented each time and send to PI (using the look up).Once the var reached 20 , they can flush and start the increment from 1 again.simple.

For lookup you can just pass any of mandatory field value,and once sap receive any value the var count will be incremented.Use the same in dynamic config udf to concatenate with file name.

Regards,

Srinivas

Answers (0)