cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap msg not posting coz of '&'char in payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to post a msg to PI using a soap tool SAP UI, in my payload i have character like "&" in some of the text fields.

I have to replace manually & to "&AMP/;(ignore / )" make the posting successful.Bit worried , if in real time also this will happen and the msg will not post at all due to this?and i will not have this option of editing manually..

Please let me know how to handle char & ,if the message could enter PI i can do something ,but if in the posting itself it will fail in real time then how to handle this?

Regards,

Abhi

Edited by: AbhiAvasti on Jan 23, 2010 6:07 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Chk this blog...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9420 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Have a look on this also....

Hope this will help you handling spl chars in sender SOAP....

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In mapping when i test in the test tab , and give & in one of the fields .. i can see the output as &.. and there is no error ..like not well formed xml etc.

What is the default encoding followed by a soap msg , and how to change the encoding ..if i put UTF -8 will this work..but i guess its already UTF-8 which i can see in the payload. Other encoding are there which are there for handling foreign characters .not sure which one to give as encoding.

Regards,

abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts !

Please suggest ....

regards,

abhi

Answers (0)