cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving old archvied data-vt03n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SAP 4.6c, Database Oracle -9.2.0.7.0, HPUX.

I'm working on a request where the user is looking for the print out of 4 year old shipping document which is archived.

The archviving object in SARA is SD_VTTK.

The files are placed in a temporary directory in the OS level and are accessible through SARA.

The old shipping document number is now visible under "archive explorer" in SARA.

However the same shipping document number is not visible under functional transaction VT03n.

I'd done the similar process few days back for archving object SD_VBRK and the data was visible in SD functional transaction(vl09).

Is there any step being missed by me for SD_VTTK?

Thanx.

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna, Can you check with your Functional team to confimr whether Delivery against that shipping document was also archived or not ?

It seems to be like more of functional issue.

Regards, Amber S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I did review the suggested note, but it says the old SD_VTTK shipping document cannot be printed out.

The delivery is visible in SAP, but in VT03n if we enter the shipping doc number it says "does not exist".I can find thd the same shipping doc number in SARA archiving explorer.But this data in SARA is not sufficient for the end user.

I have kept the archived files in /tmp and changed the physical path in SARA for sd_vttk.

Has anybody experienced such a situation for SD_VTTK before.

Kindly advise.

Thanx.

Prasanna

Edited by: Prasanna K on Jan 24, 2010 7:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

The feature of displaying archived transports thru transaction VT03n is available only from release 4.7x100 Support Package SAPKH47010. So I do not think that it is possible to display using VT03n in 4.6c.

That leaves you with only option of Archive Information System. You can try to create your own Infostructure to accomadate the fields required by your users.

Hope this helps,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user just wanted the tracking number for the shipment.

I found it in SARA-->information system.

Thanks.

Prasanna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this [SAP Note 590656 - Archiving SD_VTTK: Displaying the archived data|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/590656] to get more information.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff