cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 Create New User

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am upgrading SRM 4.0 to SRM 7.0 (I know) with SRM-MDM 3.0 for catalog content management. All applications are installed and configured, inlcuding portal. I am stalled now for getting a fatal error from the portal when attempting to create new users, "Action could not be performed: A fatal error occured in the PD Layer. The transaction needs to be terminated."

Portal Navigation: From the SRM Administration tab in the portal, click SRM Administration under detailed navigation, then under create documents click Business Parnter: Employee. A new window is open to create the new user data.

The way this was done in the old ITS/BBP application was to create a new user, assign it to the organizational unit, then in the GUI transaction PPOSA_BBP the new user would appear. This is the activity I am trying to reproduce from the portal.

Can someone please help? 7.01 SP5 has been applied. This is the latest patch. SAP_BASIS - SAPKB70105, SRM_SERVER - SAPKIBKV05.

Thanks in advance,

Cliff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured out I needed to run transaction USERS_GEN to create the initial ABAP security admin user and assign to the root node in the purchase organization. Now the security admin can create the remaining employees and managers from the portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have arleady applied SPS 5 to the ABAP and JAVA stacks, but the error persists. We have SRM-MDM on the same server as our JAVA stack. There are no short dumps, and no entries in any log on the portal. Some other posts suggest this error is due to missing number range configuration, but I have checked this. Maybe we are missing something else in configuration?

Thanks,

Cliff

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

plz go ahead create oss message

sap helps you.

if you report a problem, we get solutions to iprovise the product.

br

Muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cliff

but sap says

Note 1269719 - display a more detailled message in abort popup

In some cases, the SRM application cannot continue and must be aborted. Then a popup is displayed with an error message "A fatal error occured in the PD layer. The transaction needs to be terminated.".

The error message is quite general, it is displayed even if a more specific error message is available.

Other terms

SRM abort exception error message

Reason and Prerequisites

With the correction instructions of this note, the general abort message will be replaced with a more specific one if available.

Solution

Implement the correction instructions or upgrade to th relevant support pack SP02.