cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SapGui Front end Remote installation Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use Sap Installation Server V8.1.0.153 (Compilation 4)

I try to instal a SapGui to remote PC.

Remote -> Execute process Remotely -->Enter PC HostName (ex. C18140) --> Enter Application Name (ex. d:\sap_inst\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Product="SAPGUI710", copy line from SAPGUI710 package)

Select Execute to running the command and I received this error:

Executing D:\sap_inst\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Product="SAPGUI710" on C18140, please wait...

Failure in executing D:\sap_inst\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Product="SAPGUI710" on C18140. Check parameters, credentials and verify if the Windows workstation is running!!

For testinf purpose Clic on Display running process and select display (other screen) --> work OK.

I suppose the problem is related to my environment, but I really don't know if exist some tools I can run to diagnoste this problem.

Someboby can help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HELLO ALL

please have a look at

Microsoft KB on WMI in the Chapter

"Q 10. Why does my remote operation fail when it involves a third machine?"

which you will find here:

[MS KB |http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/ee692772%28en-us%29.aspx]

delegation must set in the active directory.

then the " remote " installtion will work correct via the sapadmin.

Best regards, Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the similar issue. After installing the server I cannot push SAPGUI to workstation and get the same error.

Please help if you have been able to resolve it.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Executing D:\sap_inst\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Product="SAPGUI710" on C18140, please wait...

> Failure in executing D:\sap_inst\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Product="SAPGUI710" on C18140. Check parameters, credentials and verify if the Windows workstation is running!!

Can you execute

dir D:\sap_inst\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe

in a cmd.exe of that workstation?

On installation time of your installation server, did you give an UNC path and not a drive letter? If you use a drive letter that drive must be known (D:) on all PC you try to install.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your response....

Could you give example for UNC path...

what are the settings are required in client PC

Regards,

Sundar.C

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Could you give example for UNC path...

For example

\\servername\share\SAPGUI

> what are the settings are required in client PC

Nothing needs to be set up on the client machine. You need to reinstall the installation server and give that UNC path as destination for the files - this is covered in the installation guide for the SAPGUI installation server. Don't use drive letters.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I am struggling in the configuration... I would like to explain whatever i have done sofar....

1. installation server created by using NWCreateInstserver.exe from the setup folder of the CD.

2. i have given the shared empty folder name for server creation (Which is reside in F: drive)

3. Automatically it starts NWSAPSetupadmin.exe

4. i imports the sap gui 7.10 for import products

5. then i cretaed a package by using create package from the tool bar

6. i created a self-installing file from the right-click of the package.

7. i saved the extracting file in my desktop.

8. LSH service configured successfully.

9. finally i configured SAP Automatic Workstation Update.

Now I request you to tell how can deploy this to my client Pc....

Regards,

Sundar.C

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. installation server created by using NWCreateInstserver.exe from the setup folder of the CD.

> 2. i have given the shared empty folder name for server creation (Which is reside in F: drive)

So that means in consequence that all clients need also have a drive letter "F:" to access the files (and not D:). Don't give this as drive letter but as UNC share name (don't connect a network drive but use
<servername>\<share>).

If the clients don't have a drive letter F: they fail to install because that's the place they are searching for the installation source.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

No my client PC also have F: drive....

Could you tell me step by step for Deployment of self -extracting file to the client Pc....

From the NWSAPsetupadmin.exe menu or command line?

Former Member
0 Kudos

sofar i did not get any error....

I can connect to the client Pc from "Execute process remotely" in Remote option in main menu and then

i gave PC name and c:\Documents and settings\administrator\desktop\sap201039_2340.exe /silent/install

it connected and it gives executed successfull PID is 5238.

But no result....

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> But no result....

That means? There won't popup anything on the remote machine since you're using a "silent" installation.

I suggest your check the log files on the installation server to find out what is (allegedly) going wrong.

And I can just suggest again to read the installation guide for the installation server, it clearly specifies to not use drive letters.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i gave c:\program Files\SAP\sapsetup\NWsapsetup.exe /silent/uninstall/package="sapgui7.10" for uninstall the frontend in the client PC

As you suggested i collect the logs....

here i mentioned the Nwsapsetup.txt logfiles

15:21:03 NwSapFeiKr 2 SAP Frontend Installation Kernel initialized

(Unicode Release build)

15:21:03 NwSapsEngn 1 SapSetup Workstation Engine Library Loaded

15:21:03 NwSapSetUI 1 SapSetup UI Library Loaded

15:21:03 NwSapsAtlC 1 SapSetup ATL Common Library Loaded

15:21:04 NwSapSetup 1 Wait on registration Threads returned 0

15:21:04 NwSapSetup 1 SapSetup has successfully registered: C:\Program Files\SAP\SapSetup\setup\NwSapFeiKr.Dll

15:21:04 NwSapSetup 1 SapSetup has successfully registered: C:\Program Files\SAP\SapSetup\setup\NwSapFeiSh.Dll

15:21:04 NwSapSetup 1 SapSetup has successfully registered: C:\Program Files\SAP\SapSetup\setup\NwSapSetupAtlCommon.Dll

15:21:04 NwSapSetup 1 SapSetup has successfully registered: C:\Program Files\SAP\SapSetup\setup\NwSapSetupUi.Dll

15:21:04 NwSapSetup 1 SapSetup has successfully registered: C:\Program Files\SAP\SapSetup\setup\NwSapSetupEngine.Dll

15:21:04 NwSapSetup 1 Registration Activity took 1.651489 seconds

15:21:05 NwSapSetUI 1

15:21:05 NwSapSetUI 1 UI: Show Splash Screen

15:21:05 NwSapSetUI 1 Constructing a new UI Manager Object

15:21:05 NwSapsEngn 1 Engine: Initialize()

15:21:05 NwSapsEngn 1 Initializing the Installation Engine

15:21:05 NwSapsAtlC 2 Variable 'APPDATA' not available on this system

15:21:05 NwSapsAtlC 2 Variable 'CommonProgramFiles(x86)' not available on this system

15:21:05 NwSapsAtlC 2 Variable 'HOMEDRIVE' not available on this system

15:21:05 NwSapsAtlC 2 Variable 'ProgramFiles(x86)' not available on this system

15:21:05 NwSapsAtlC 2 Variable 'PUBLIC' not available on this system

15:21:05 NwSapsAtlC 2 Variable 'LOCALAPPDATA' not available on this system

15:21:05 NwSapsAtlC 2 Variable 'ProgramW6432' not available on this system

15:21:05 NwSapsAtlC 2 Variable 'CommonProgramW6432' not available on this system

15:21:05 NwSapFeiSh 1 Trying to load 'C:\Program Files\SAP\SapSetup\setup\vbscript.dll'...

15:21:05 NwSapFeiSh 2 Library not found on installation source, searching local folders...

15:21:05 NwSapFeiSh 1 "C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbscript.dll" successfully loaded.

for your views....

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks good....

I suggest you open an OSS call for this (BC-FES-GUI). There are quite a number of log files (on the installation server and on the client) that need to checked to find out the reason why the system is not installing something.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ... i will do that and inform you once the issue is resolved....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you solved the problem?

I have the same message:

Executing c:\sap_inst_server\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Package="sapgui_720_instpack" on pws01050, please wait...

Failure in executing c:\sap_inst_server\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Package="sapgui_720_instpack" on pws01050. Check parameters, credentials and verify if the Windows workstation is running!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rejean,

I am also same in the position....

Could you help me, how to come out from this issue....

Regards,

Sundar.C