cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address display in Header (Master Page)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I need to display the address of the company in the header. For this I am passing a structure of type SADR.

In there I have my variables such as company name, street, city, postal code, region country, etc.

The issue that I am facing is about the arrangement/display of these variables. Basically it need to look like this:

<city> <region> <postal_code> <country>

With spaces in between variables. However, due to the static nature of the text fields and the dynamic size of the variables inside them, there are huge gaps between let's say city and region. i.e. Montreal__________QC__________A1A 1A1___________CA

Is there a way, in Adobe, to make the text follow the previous one and not be displayed in a fixed starting position? i.e Montreal_QC_A1A 1A1_CA.

"_" represents the space seen on screen at print time.

I tried putting those variables inside a subform and setting the subform as flowed and western text, but this didn't work.

Is my only way to concatenate the variables in ABAP and send it as a different variable?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is easy: Create a static text on your layout. Right click - floating field... This will place the value of the variable into the static text and creates a new text field from where it takes the value. If you fill the static text with these floating values, it will look like this: and you will have 4 text fields next to the static text in your form hierarchy.

In fact, after you insert the floating field into the static text, its name is generated, but if you change the field name in the hierarchy, the name in the static text is automacilly changed as well.

This all works like the variables in static texts in SO10 transaction.

Don´t forget to maintain the generated fields binding to get the address values in there.

Hope this solves your problem, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awsome. It works.

Thanks a lot.

Note to self: take BC480 course in March.

Answers (0)