cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC as Abstract Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use IDOC structure as an Abstract Interface. We store all our imported IDOCs in a different software component. In Integration Process when I try to define Container Element I am not able to select the IDOC as an Abstract Interface.

I tried to make an External Definition by importing the IDOC and then trying to build a Message Interface and that did not work too.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create an abstract message interface and assign the IDOC as message type.

The IDOC and the abstract message interface musst be assigned to the same software component.

Regards

Stefan

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the IDOC and the Integration Process are assigned to different sotware component versions, you can assign a dependency between them, then you can use objects from the dependend SWCV as well.

See this blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>If the IDOC and the Integration Process are assigned to different sotware component versions, you can assign a dependency between them, then you can use objects from the dependend SWCV as well.</i>

Stefan,

This dependency should be enabled in SLD, right?

-Naveen.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> This dependency should be enabled in SLD, right?

Yes. Follow Michal's Blog.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Directly you cannot use Idoc interface as an Abstract Interface. You have to create Absatact Interface in IR for the imported Idoc and then you can use it to define container element.

Also check this...

"An integration process can only reference interfaces from its own software component version."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/78/62373f58502e48e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Anand