cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live SLD Content Imports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if CR and CIM imports have to be done during system outages or can it be run safely during business hours while EP and XI systems are using the SLD? I have noticed in the logs that it appears to load up a "shadow" schema and then delete it when it is done, leading me to believe that the actual impact to live systems would be minimal or none. The other alternative I have considered is moving live systems over to a copy of the SLD and then reconfiguring when the original SLD is updated, but this also creates some impact if the SLD is required during configuration move.

Any thoughts or documentation on this question would be appreciated.

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to do this in outage time especially in production environment. Also, check below link:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/UpdatingtheSAPComponentRepositoryandComponentInformationModelinthe+SLD

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

SAP replied back to my message, it is OK to do imports during business, although performance of the SLD system could be impacted some. This can happen because it imports into a temporary namespace before switching the live system to the new data, then it removes the temp namespace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it's not neccesar to do it downtime

1) Import of CR might take few hours, for example mission critical XI system usually doesn't have few hours for the downtime.

2) CIM and CR content update should be delta content, it shouldn't effect the part which is already in use.

The wiki page mentioned above didn't talk about the outage for the SLD CIM and CR update.

Cheers,

Denny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you. I have a suspicion that you are right Denny, but without something in print from SAP I am inclined to continue waiting for downtime. I guess I'll open an OSS ticket.