cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen hangs when user types in some text in file upload component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am using file upload component in webdynpro java in a custom application and added some validation logic on the file

selected. This is being used to upload jpeg files to KM repository. Now the issue is if user types some text in the file

upload input field and click on upload button the screen hangs and it goes to infinite loop. It seems that the framework is not able to accept and check the arbitrary value entered by user.

Can anyone tell me how this can be sorted out?

Thanks

Sudip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, it's a framework's bug as I can remember...

BR, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Satish

This piece of code is already implemented but the control doesn't reach that far in runtime. It is definitely a bug in the framework.

Thanks

Sudip

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Agreed . Might be problem of framework :

NWDS Framework : collection of Plug-in , it seesm problem could be with one of the corrupted plug-in. Better to take a complete set of plug-in from any working NWDS (your peers) replace it and then try .before jhis please send your code fragment .

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No , framework can handle any types of checks before any processing ,you just need a check that whether extensin if .JPEG or not ?

IWDResource res= wdContext.currentContextElement().getFileResource();
wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportWarning(res.getResourceName());
wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportWarning(res.getResourceType() + "");

I hope its clear to u now take the extension compare it with your desired one and then only submit it to process.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudeep,

I have also faced the same issue and to me it seems an issue with the UI element itself. Please follow the following threads for more information:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b3/be7941601b1d09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

and

[;

[;

Hope this may be of some use.

Regards,

Gaurav