cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 - Extended Classic - Is a local purchasing org and group required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SRM 7.0 is a local purchasing organization and purchasing group required in the organization structure for the extended classic scenario along with the backend purchasing org and purchasing group.

Also if a local purchasing org is required do i have to assign the vendor replicated from the ERP system the local purchasing organization as well?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

No a local purchasing organisation or purchasing group is not needed in Extended classic.

They will be picked from the backend ERP where they are maintained.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Nikhil. Do you also know if the document type in the ERP system and the local SRM system has to be the same?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Document type must be same in both boxes.

regarding your question on other thing

vendor replication - you need to create a sepaerate org structure via PPOCV_BBP - and you can give this in BBPGETVD.

iIN SRM 550 onwards we have different 2 Org structure

one is PPOMA_BBP purchase org stru

anothe rone is PPOMV_BBP vendor org sts

br

Muhtu

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading from SRM 4.0 to SRM 7.0. Our vendor structure is in ppoma_bbp. Do we have to somehow move the vendor org to PPOCV_BBP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When upgrading to SRM 7, it is required to create vendor org structure in PPOCV_BBP. Once you create the org structure you can do replication by BBPGETVD. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Regarding the document type Mr. Muthuraman has already answered it.

Vendor Org structure will be maintained in PPOMV_BBP in SRM 7.0. You first need to create a vendor root through PPOCV_BBP.

You can replicate ur backend vendors using the transaction BBPGETVD in SRM and during replication u can specify ur object id as the ID of vendor root maintained in PPOMV_BBP.

Thus all ur backend vendors will be replicated under this new vendor root maintained in PPOMV_BBP.

Hope this helps,

Nikhil.

Edited by: Pbponikhil on Jan 26, 2010 6:06 PM

Edited by: Pbponikhil on Jan 26, 2010 6:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading from SRM 4.0, so after having done the upgrade the system did not move our existing org to PPOMV_BBP. Can I leave the org where it is in ppoma_bbp? If I replicate all the vendors again I will have the vendors in the system twice??? What does SAP recommend I do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

PPOMA_BBP will have ur organisation structure i.e. hierarchy structure of users,their managers & purchasers.

Vendor org-structure will be maintained PPOMV_BBP. So there is no question of replicating ur vendors twice.

These are 2 different structures.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I appriate your response. What i am trying to ask is in SRM 4 ppomv_bbp does not exist so the vendor structure was created in ppoma_bbp. When we upgraded to srm 7 the structure remained in ppoma_bbp...should I somehow move it to ppomv_bbp? I would think replicating the vendors a second time to ppomv_bbp would create duplicte vendors only on a different org.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Yes move ur vendor org to PPOMV_BBP.

Then delete the replicated vendors from PPOMA_BBP using transaction BUPA_DEL. This will enable you to have ur vendor org structure in PPOMV_BBP only. Once you delete ur vendors using BUPA_DEL it will delete it from both org structures, so after deleting then u can replicate ur vendors afresh using BBPGETVD under PPOMV_BBP.

I hope this helps.

Nikhil.

Edited by: Pbponikhil on Jan 28, 2010 10:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Just to be clear there is no way to move the org from PPOMA_BBP to PPOVA_BBP? The reason I ask is that we have a large number of vendors and we don't have all vendors replicated to the SRM system. To replicate the vendors again would be a big deal?

If we leave the vendor org in PPOMA_BBP will that cause a problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

PPOMA_BBP cannot have vendor org in SRM 7.0.

Replicating ur vendors should not be a big deal coz u just have to run t-code BBPGETVD.

There are no middleware settings involved so it shouldn't be a big proposition.

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Our ERP system has a huge number of vendors, besides the performance problem of replicating all of them the business doesn't want all of the legacy vendors in SRM. This is why replicating the vendors again will be a headache. In any case I just wanted to know if you could get around replicating the venodrs again. If not then we have no choice.

-Paul

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Have a look at OSS notes:

1372409 - Converting the suppliers after upgrade to SRM 5.0 or higher,

1372262 - SRM4.0: Preparing to upgrade to SRM 5.0 or higher,

and check this thread:

[SRM 5.0/7.0 and vendor org. unit|;

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

You can very well choose which vendors you wish to replicate if you dont want all vendors from ur ERP to be replicated.

Nikhil

Answers (0)