Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can/Should we use Party in SOAP based B2B scenarious

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are exposing some SAP standard proxy content via PI. We plan to use a Sender SOAP adapter for the same.

We are basically interacting with Suppliers. My question are about the configuration best practices.

1) Do we create one business service per supplier(with same interface) or just one business service in total?

2) Can/Does party & virtual receiver fit into this in anyway?

We are looking at max 5 suppliers for now.

Thanks,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1) Do we create one business service per supplier(with same interface) or just one business service in total?

Each party needs its own business service. They can have the same name, but they are seperate.

> 2) Can/Does party & virtual receiver fit into this in anyway?

Yes, it fits well for any B2B scenario.

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan for your response.

I still need a little more clarity. Let me explain my scenario in some detail.

Sending data to suppliers:

I have a standard PO structure I'm sending to all the suppliers. However, each supplier wants some sort of "additional wrapping" done while posting it. So I plan to do the same as the last step in my operational mapping. Therefore I'll have have one OM per supplier.

Sender Interface: Common(SAP Proxy).

Receiver Interface: Common(B2B PO interface).

OM: Different(one per supplier).

Sender System: I will have one sender system(SAP system).

Receiver Service: I'll be determining the receiver(which supplier) by reading a field in the payload.

This is where I need help.

1) Do I one service(without party) per supplier?

Eg:

Supplier 1= <no party>:Supplier1(service)

Supplier 2= <no party>:Supplier2(service)

2) Or one service( with party) per supplier.

Supplier 1= S1(party):Supplier(service)

Supplier 2= S2(party):Supplier(service)

Receiving Data from Suppliers:

No mapping worries here, only one mapping for all suppliers. They all consume my wsdl.

However, what is recommended?

1) do I share one common wsdl with everybody?

i.e., I create one sender service(common for all suppliers), therefore one sender agreement. Generate the common wsdl from this sender agreement.

2) Or do I generate one wsdl per supplier?

i.e., I create one service(with/without party) for each supplier and therefore, I'll have one sender agreement per supplier, and therefore one wsdl per supplier.

Thanks for your response

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

what is the protocol/adapter you prefer to use for sending message to the suppliers...

and i hope supplier is outside your network and in this case i prefer to use different parties for the same as you may need to configure the IDs (unique business id which represents your partner no....) for the data exchange....

In case of receving the data from the suppliers even though mapping used is same...i prefer to reuse the mappings rather than having the common one for each...i.e use different for each..which will ensure that in future you can easily extend the same if needed and which will not distrub the other existing interfaces....

HTH

Rajesh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Supplier is sender::

You have one WSDL per supplier. Even when the structure is equal, it differs at least in the URL.

You need also different services for the security settings

A party is useful for monitoring purpose. If anything goes wrong, you can easily identify the sender of the message, when you use party.

Supplier is receiver:

It is recommended to use a party also.

You can have a unique name for the services under th party, the services or different object though.

Rule of thumb: Use business service only with party.

Answers (0)