cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to send my IDOC from my R/3 system to XI and then to a final destination.

I want to know the following

1) What are all the steps thats needs to be done by BASIS to connect the R/3 System and the XI System

2) Once the connection is made between R/3 and XI,

2a) What are all the steps that I need to do on the XI side (Like Importing the IDOC,doing the message Mapping etc). Mainly I want to know in which SC I want to import this IDOC structure, whether it is in my Own SWC or in the BASIS SWC

2b) Once XI objects are ready how I am going to test the IDOC scenario?

Any useful blogs or any tips will be greatly appreicated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohini,

Go through this pdf. It is really helpful.

<a href="https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202">How to configure IDOC adapter</a>

-Naveen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohini,

<i>1) What are all the steps thats needs to be done by BASIS to connect the R/3 System and the XI System</i>Create a TECHINCAL SYSTEM , BUSINESS SYSTEM, PRODUCT and SWCV pointing to the R3 system in your SLD

2 a) AS you are doing an IDOC to IDOC scenario, step 1 also has to be done for the Receiving R3 system

Import the Corresponding IDOC in your SWCV , create the mapping bvetween the source and target ,

<i>Mainly I want to know in which SC I want to import this IDOC structure, whether it is in my Own SWC</i>

Import the IDOC in your own SWCV itself.

<i>Once XI objects are ready how I am going to test the IDOC scenario?</i>

Use we 19 in R3 to send the IDOC.

All info will be available in the link I have sent earlier.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bhavesh. My final destination is not an R/3 System.

I know that I need to create a Technical System, Business system on the XI side.

But my question was to connect an R/3 system to an XI system what are all the points needs to be executed by the Basis team (Only after this I can create my SLD entries and then I can import my IDOC into the Repository)

2) If I am going to Import that Userdefined IDOC into my SWC and the same IDOC is used by some one else and if there is a change in the future to that IDOC and then I need to import the IDOC whereever it has been used Multiple times. I know this is not a good idea.

Rather we need to Import the IDOC into a particular SWC there by whoever want to use it can use it.

Please clarify, thanks

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

<i>But my question was to connect an R/3 system to an XI system what are all the points needs to be executed by the Basis team</i>

<b>R3 side:</b>1. create RFC destination for XI in SM59

2. Create port for XI in we21

3. create partner profile in we20

In XI, apart from the SLD configuration , nothing needs to be done as it is in the SLD that you define the technical system that is going to be associated with the r3 system and so on.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

For two SAP systems(XI, R3) to talk to each other each system you should do ALE set up. In R3 define a logical system for XI and XI define a logical system for R3 using transaction SALE. Also define Partner Profiles using we20

Specify RFC destination for R3 in XI and for XI in R3 using transaction SM59.

In R3 define port to send IDOC to XI using transaction we21.

In XI to define port to SAP R3 use transaction IDX1. Use transaction IDX2 to import IDOC Metadata.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos