cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestones and invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have created a project, planned WBS , activities and milestones ( 10 milestones for exapmle).

i copied milestones to SO, made the billing plan.

now, when i confirm all the 10 milestone and when i invoice the customer, the invoice is containing all the milestones 10 milestones defaulted with the 1st milestone only...................................

1st milestone is repeating ..........................for all the 10 milestones and respective values are flowing ( correct values are flowiing)

y this is happening? am i mnissing any config or setting??????

Thank you very much in advance

surya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suryapampana,

You can confirm any number of milestones at a time. In your case did you find that final billing invlice also shown up as 1st invoice.

Please check usage of milestones.

Thanks,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

usage is same for all the milestones.............

same, its the same

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check how many invoices were created for 10 milestones?

As per standard, if the billing dates are different for 10 milestones, then there is an invoice split. The system will create 10 invoices or billing documents. If the billing date is same for all 10 milestones, then it will come in one single invoice with 10 line items.

The invoice split can happen if there is difference in payment terms, different payers etc. Kindly check the copying control config with the help of SD consultant.

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kabir!

10 milestones with one date and confirm on the same date.

all the 10 milestones are defined at WBS level

the invoice is containing 1st milestone as default for all the 10 milestones (i mean the description).

need your input guys

Regards

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suryapampana,

Surprised to note all the milestones having the same date (Basic fix date) and you have confirmed all the milestones for same date (actual date)

Do you defined the usage of milestone.. i.e., progressive billing and final billing etc.

If you have defined the usage P1 (progressive) and F1 (Final Invoice) you will see all the released billings in billing due list with 10 line items.

However, while creating a billing documents , all the progressive payments would be clubbed together and final one would be seen as different line item.

If you are interested to create a 10 billing documents, please cancel the billing docufment already created.

In billing due list select line by line and create a billing document so that you can see 10 billing document.

But most surprising part is that not defining the usage of milestones.... unable to understand your concept of billing process.

Hope this resolve your issue.

Regards,

PSR