Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender file is not read all the records

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we got file to file scenario in production, sender file adapter did not read whole file, it did pick up some of the records only insted of whole file.

Can anyone please suggest me why sender file adapter pick some of the records only.

Kind Regards,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One reason that I can think of is that the moment your adapter read the file it was not fully written.

To avoid that you can do this :

Under ADVANCED tab check Advanced Mode set some time to Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check.

or

A simple script can transfer the file from folder A to B, and you can point sender file adapter to folder B to pick up the file.

Regards

Soumen...

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you are right, thanks for the reply. i did set the parameter "Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check" but still it is picking up half of the records only.

Can anyone suggest me why this parameter is not working.

Kind Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer below thread.

[]

There are many options given in this thread.

R u using FTP? Please note "Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check" is not supported by FTP.

-Gouri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen

Try increasing the value for parameter Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check .Ideally this parameter starts polling once your standard poll is over and checks if file size has changed. Incase its changed it further polls and keeps doing so until file size remains constant(meaning file modification is over).

Did you try out the other alternative? Using a script to place the processed files to a separate folder and pointing your fileadapter to the same.

Or

As fariha suggested you can check the application responsible for putting the file in the server location. Giving it a seperate name as long as its processed like *.tmp or something and you can use exclusion mask in sender file adapter to avoid processing of the *.tmp file.

Regards

Soumen...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Like others have mentioned, if you are using FTP then the MSecs Modification check won't work.

An option:

Change the pattern that the sender adapter polls for, i.e. if it polls for .txt files then change it to poll for .xyz files. You then setup a modification check (script) at OS level. The script would do a modification check & then sleep for 5 seconds & do a modification check again & if no modification was detected then the script would move the .txt to a file with the same name but a .xyz extension.

Then, in the sender channel, you specify this script that you have created in the 'Processing Tab' under the 'Run Operating System Command Before Message Processing' section. That way sender adapter will pick up files that have been written out completely with a .xyz extension.

Regards, Trevor

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using any program or something to place the file at that location?

If yes, then check with the application ,it should provide something like temporary file names while it is placing the file.

In the sender adapter exclude that file name,it will not fetch this file untill it is completed