cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer order - destination bin change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a putaway TO created with source as 902 and destination as stype XXX bin ABC.

Putaway strategy is next empty bin.

Destination Storage Bin change during Confirmation is allowed.

During physical putaway, bin ABC is blocked due to operational reasons.

Is there an ability to ask the system to propose a new bin at that time? I only seem to find the option to scan a bin of my choice and do the confirmation with a different bin.

Instead I want the system to propose a new bin by pushing a button.

I understand that from the system perspective bin ABC is still a valid bin since there are no putaway blocks etc. on that bin.I understand that I can also confirm with differences which does not hold true in this case as really there is no product difference, it is just a physical warehouse problem.

Anybody can throw light on this issue?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please do the below settings.

In storage type master data Dst bin ch. during confirm = 1

Warehouse management-Physical Inventory---define types per storage type :in that for that particular storage type un tick all the columns.

Cancel the TO which you have created and once again create the TO, then at the time of confirmation you can edit the destination bin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as usual, went with custom approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you would have to place a block on the bin when performing cycle count or change the bin manually in teh transfer order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes indeed. I can put a block on the bin, cancel the TO and retry the bin search.

Or I can change the bin during confirmation.

Problem is that both these solutions are not acceptable.

Current legacy system provides capability to the user to have the system propose a new bin by pushing a button. User wants SAP to do the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is only possible via custom development. In your post you never mentioned if you were using an SAP standard LM* transaction or a custom RF transaction? For bin override, I have used a button called Sys. Gd that would run through the same putaway strategy and propose a bin to the user.. Of course, bin override is only possible within the same storage type. If you wanted to confirm into another storage type, you would need custom code to cancel the initial TO and create a new one in the background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plan is to make a copy of LM03 into a custom transaction. Can you elaborate a bit more on the button "sys.gd"?

thanks