cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Between Visual Composer and Guided Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can I make a link between Visual Composer(VC) and Guided Procedure(GP). In VC iView I have exposed some attributes in output.

Now I want to see those attributes as output parameter of GP. So, Which type of callable object I will use?

I have tried with "portal iView or page" type callable object but I have not got any output parameter in GP and

I have tried with "Web Pages" type callable object but

failed.

Could anybody send me the details?

Thanks & Regards

Chandan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve and Scott,

I have successfully created the integration between VC and GP help of the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/de/44/429bbd709914bce10000000a155369/content.htm

and mapped the parameter of VC in GP.

But one problem, when I am trying to test the callable object of VC iView in GP, I am getting an error like this

"Callable objects of this type cannot be run in test mode". So I am not able to test the callable object.

Then I have created action, Block and Process as per the GP rules. But at the instantiation time of the process I am geting an error "The portal page builder required to execute this callable object is not available.".

So, can you tell me what is the actual problem and how can I solve it?

Thanks and Regards,

Chandan

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

In the instantiation tab, you just need to press 'Generate Instantiate URL' first, and ten you have to press 'Open Instantiate Application' button.

1.Then the application wizard will be dislayed. Finish all the steps.

2. Now go to Top level navigation (Guided procedure->Runtime) and you can find the objects.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Ramakrishna is right... Click on the instantiation tab generate the URL and then launch it.

Scott

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

I have tried with the same as you specified. After creating the process I have clicked on Instantiation tab page to generate the URL and finally the page is launched by the URL but I am getting the error "The portal page builder required to execute this callable object is not available" on that page. I think the problem is coming from portal page builder. So, what do you think? Please give me a suggestion.

Thanks & Regards

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Are you using the WD4VC Callable Object? or are you generating your VC application you want to embed in flash. Do me a favor take some screenshots of what you are doing and shoot me an email... I will see if I can help.

Cheers,

Scott

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Could you please give me your mail ID. I will send you all the details with screen sort.

Thanks & Regards

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

scott.cairncross@sap.com

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

I have used Web Dynpro compiler now it is working fine in GP. But I have faced a new problem. If I use graphs in VC model and compile through Web Dynpro compiler then the graphs are not coming at run time. But when I have used flash compiler then the graphs were visible at run time.

So, to solve this problem what will I do? What is your suggestion?

Thanks & Regards

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandan,

Take a look at note 853509 to see some of the limitations around Web Dynpro within VC. I hope overall this has helped.

Cheers,

Scott

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Please check the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/de/44/429bbd709914bce10000000a155369/content.htm

Hope that helps.

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the tutorial you can define input and output parameters in the VC.

But when you want to map the parameters in the designtime of Guided Procedures, they doesnt work at runtime correctly.

In my opinion it isnt possible to create data mappings within GP, when you use VC-Applications. I tried out all possibilities... I think

Can someone help me with this case?

Thanks Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan, Hello Steve,

Yes this functionality does work, I am working with this currently in a workshop... Are you both specifying the flag Add Guided Procedure information under Tools->Compiler?

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

yes the tutorial and its mapping works.

But only when you use an action which transfers to the end connector. And so you need a button which trigger the action.