cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email formatting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using the mail package to deliver messages to users containing information based on source messages. I am using a UDF to create a string for the <Content></Content> field in the package which would become the body of the email message.

My problem is I can't seem to find the correct escape characters for entering new lines in email body in order to format the message nicely. So far I've tried using /n and &#xA; but these just show up as-is in the payload.

Another possible problem might be the content type I'm using - right now I have it set to text/plain;charset="UTF-8". Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the below blog for multiple contents in mail using UDF...

Also use \r\n for formatting as used also in the above blog....

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please post the link to the blog...

Former Member
0 Kudos

oops...forget to put the link

here it is /people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/04/17/xi-mail-adapter-an-approach-for-sending-emails-with-attachment-with-help-of-java-mapping

HTH

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you want to have a proper formatting in the Mail then Message Mapping does not provide any help.

In such cases XSLT mapping with HTML tags needs to be used..for more information refer this blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you want to have a proper formatting in the Mail then Message Mapping does not provide any help.

In such cases XSLT mapping with HTML tags needs to be used..for more information refer this blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

oops..forgot to paste the link and here goes the same

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/04/17/xi-mail-adapter-an-approach-for-sending-emails-with-attachment-with-help-of-java-mapping

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, it's working now.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member200962