Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Help in Adobe Interactive forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had created a Interactive form with fields in the table SFLIGHT

Now i need the VALUE HELP functionality in the interactive form for the field CARRID

I tried looking in the previous posts regarding this functionality but they are not clear please give me in detail clearly.

Thanks in advance

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, you can use the value funcionality only in WD app. I hope you use one. If not, you have to pass all the values into the form and create the funcionality yourself. If you use WD app, place Value help on your form and go to the vaue help java script coding and change the name of the field you need to work with. The place where the change needs to be made is marked: var fieldName = "*INSERT_NAME_HERE*";

Hope this solves the problem, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi OTTO,

I am using the Web DynPro application only and i am new to this Interactive forms

After Placing the Value hep Button in my form how to go to value help Java Script

Thanks

Ajay

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once check this thread

Note: dont forget to link the context attribute to search help. ie. in the context properties of the attributes select the input help mode as dictionary search help and specify the name of the search help present in data dictionary.

In the above link compare your system basis & patch level.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your problem solved, then close the thread? Maybe you would like to share your experience with other SDN members, please do so. Thank you, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Otto,

I had done the same as you suggested but still i am not able to get the F4 help.

I am not able to get weather it is a System level issue or coding problem

Thanks

Ajay

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All the scripts are connected with the form elements, you need to mark/ choose the form element on your form layout first and you will be able to see the connected scripts next. Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can see the script editor, select the value help on the layout and pick "events with scripts" option from the left dropdown with the caption "show:". If you cannot see it, go to tab Window and mark Script editor. Or use CTRLSHIFTF5.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi OTTO,

I can able to see the Script editor and Problem is i cannot able to see "EVENTS WITH SCRIPTS" in the left side SHOW drop down list.

Please help me to to figure this out

Thanks

Ajay