cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of NWDI on Solution Manager 7.0 EhP-1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

We have to install a NWDI (NetWeaver Development Infrastructure -or- Usage Type "DI") on top of our existing SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EhP-1 SP20.

Unfortunately NWDI is not included in the SolMan deliverables.

And unfortunately there does not seem to be a one-place to download files and installation instructions.

What I found so far:

___DICBS*_.SCA |DI COMPONENT BUILD SERVER 7.00

___DICMS*_.SCA |DI CHANGE MGMT SERVER 7.00

___DIDTR*_.SCA |DI DESIGN TIME REPOSITORY 7.00

• Note 1339265 - Central Note NWDI (https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1339265)

• Note 840524 - NWDI server configuration: J2EE engine/Java VM parameters (https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/840524)

However I did not find a single place for all requirements of NWDI

It would great if someone could assist and point me to the right location to answer the following questions:

a) which server-side components are required for NWDI

b) where can we download these components

c) how have they to be installed, what are the installation instructions

Best regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure you want to install NWDI on an existing WebAS? NWDI will become very resource-hungry when you're doing a lot of NWDI developments (the CBS needs a lot of resources during builds). Your existing SolMan installation's performance will suffer tremendously.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure you want to install NWDI on an existing WebAS? NWDI will become very resource-hungry when you're doing a lot of NWDI developments (the CBS needs a lot of resources during builds). Your existing SolMan installation's performance will suffer tremendously.

Former Member
0 Kudos