cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database delegetade #multivalue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ingo,

i'm using a universe based on a Bex Query.

i'm using a smart measure with database delegated option.

if I use this measure in my reports and i use a filter (for example 2 months) i get #multivalue (i've no duplicated description).

if i use the month detail in report it works fine but if i need the aggregated value i get that error.

i read many of your blogs but i don't find any solution to my problem

can you help me?

thank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

open your universe in the Designer and double click on the month object. Go to the Keys tabel and disable the primary key setting.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stratos,

i tried but it still give me the same error

any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stratos,

i give you an other detail:

if i use the month object only as a filter i get #multivalue and the system doesn't ask me to refresh the aggregated results.

if i use the month objects as a report object too the system asks me to refresh to get the aggregated results.

Thanks for every answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To avoid #MULTIVALUE in rour report, select the block and check the block option "Avoid duplicate row aggregation" in the "Display" properties tab.

If you are creating local filters in the reports, most of time WebI calculation engine is not able to compute locally a delegated measure.

To do so iit would be nice to inject the local filter in the query and reexecute it. This enhancment is planned for the future.

Please have a look on the Universe Designer guide that explains the delegated measures restrictions.

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excuse me Didier,

is there an other solution to use the aggregated result of my bex query in my BO report?

The problem is that I need the aggregated result of a calculated key figure that is filtered using costant selection in bex.

Is "databese delegated" (that give me #multivalue error) the only way to do that?

thaks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In fact, it depends of the key figure aggregation type.

If the aggregation is additive such as SUM then you can use the SUM projection fucntion in the universe.

Otherwise if the aggreation is non additive such as ratio, weight, percent, etc, the solution is to use database delegated.

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

didier,

i tried to use a filter in query design and not on a report block but i still get #multivalue error (only if i input more than 2 values in the filter).

is this the same engine problem?

then, have i to wait the enhancement you told me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is maybe an issue on our driver layer.

So I suggest two propostions:

<li>Create a support ticket

<li>Change the database delegated aggrgation fucntion to sum (if the measure aggregation is additive)

Regards,

Didier

Answers (0)