cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

standard text printing in sapscripts in EN & DE Language....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

My requirement was very simple....

I have some 6-7 Layouts......

i want to replace some hard coded text with some other text in those layout when the layout language is DE .the text will be in german...

for all remaining langauges of the layout i want the text to be displayed in EN.

can i use Standard Text or mormal hard coding will do aa....How....can any one help me out with sample coding or navigation....

Thanks

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any alternative to translate the text other than se63 coz even if i open se63 it appears to be a blank screen in my development server as well as ides one....

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using sap script then use transaction code :SE76 to maintain translations.

or

hard code the text in the required language( Get the text using google search) by logging the system respective language because layout is language dependent.

Hope this will help you.

Inform me if you need further clarifications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can maintain translation in SE63

SE63 is for translating new or changed texts:

- menu Translate, ABAP objects, Other objects, FS, FORM

- enter source language EN and target language DE, and translate them.

Or

If u created already in english...then give the same form name change the language in se71 then create....

U can change the layout set what ever u want..because the layout set is dependent..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalandar,

The above solution was not working......I'll explain my problem clearly once again.

1. I have 6 layout to be changed in language DE

In the main window with tax text element i have some hard code in german language...that has to be replaced with some other sentence in german only(i have both the Sentences with me)

2. For the same 6 layouts to be changed in other languages(except DE)

same window ,same text element ,same hard code,but in English i have that to be replace with some other english sentence.

Simple to say in those 6 layouts if layout lang is DE then german sentence ,if lang other then DE...English sentence

Please check the possibility to use standard texts for this texts. Do u have to make any changes to program as well...

Plz help me out regarding this ...very important

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the text in SO10 with DE and EN.

Check if the language is DE then INCLUDE text with language DE else With EN.

Regards,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi aditya,

whr can i include the std text i mean which language (EN,DE or which )if i write the If Else in layout En then is it available in DE

or can i program it in Driver program..

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Create the standard texts in each language and create text element for each include in the form. Write a code using switch case for checking language and call the text elements using write_form

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

This a simple but will have a lengthy manual process, get compiled/make a list of all the DE texts & get it translated in to EN from the translator. Then where required remove the DE text & paste it with the Corressponding meaningful EN text.