Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus items

milascon_daniel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we have some products that we want to offer to our customers as bonus items (with price 0) if they buy some special products.

But, if a customer want to buy only the bonus product...than this thing should be possible and obvisiouly with a price.

My requirements are:

1) I need to create a sales document item category (ZBON) which define "Bonus items".

2) when i enter bonus material number in a sales document, it is possible to display a popup with item category and user select desire cateogry: normal or bonus ?? Or what other possibilities i have for this? For moment the person who create the sales document can change item category in sales order.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

1) I need to create a sales document item category (ZBON) which define "Bonus items".

This is standard functionality: TANN is free-of-charge item category

2) when i enter bonus material number in a sales document, it is possible to display a popup with item category and user select desire category: normal or bonus ?? Or what other possibilities i have for this? For moment the person who create the sales document can change item category in sales order.

Again standard functionality: The item category can be manually changed in a sales document and the user can choose between normal (TAN) or free-of-charge (TANN).

In addition to the possibility of setting manually the item category, exclusive free goods functionality allows the automatic generation of an additional free-of-charge item which material can be different from the main item.

Check the wiki for free goods determination

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/FreeGoodsDetermination

Best Regards,

Franck Lumpe

Freelance SAP Logistics Consultant

milascon_daniel
Participant
0 Kudos

TANN category is not ok for me. Because , TANN it's not relevant for delivery. So, if i check "Item is relevant for delivery" than i receive following error:

Item category ZBON is not defined, so item 000010 will be disregarded.

How can i solve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

TANN it's not relevant for delivery

Of course it is, TANN is free-of-charge delivery !!

milascon_daniel
Participant
0 Kudos

Someone help me with this error:

Item category ZBON is not defined, so item 000010 will be disregarded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is item category ZBON defined in customizing?

Please contact your SD Consultant.

milascon_daniel
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Frank, it's defined.

I receive that error when i want to deliver sales order.

Any clue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check customizing for copy control from the sales order to the delivery.

Also check customizing of the item category in delivery.

Basically you need to double-check your customizing: Compare it with the standard TANN / Free Goods implementation. If the system works correctly with the standard document type and not with your own document type, that means that your customizing is not correct.

Regards,

Franck

milascon_daniel
Participant
0 Kudos

I've maintained copy control from sales order to delivery in tcode VTLA. After this, i have receieve that error:

What other customizings should i check?

Or how can i check in which requirment or function code it throw me that message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No idea, sorry about that. Again, check that you get the standard free goods already configured working, then customize your own documents when you are ready!

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have already answered but I am asking just for confirmation, have you completed the steps given below.

VOV7

VOV4

VTLA

When you created ZBON then created it independently or you copied it from existing item category.

If yes then which one?

Also tell me which are are feilds and check boxes you fill up in ZBON.

Regards,

MT

milascon_daniel
Participant
0 Kudos

M T, i have create ZBON item category copying from another Z item category used for BOM (explosion).

And yes, i've mainted also VOV4 customizing - i've asigned to manually item ctg.

ZBON

Business data

Item Type = A (Value Item)

Billing relevance = A (Dlv related billing document)

Business item = checked

Schedule line Allowed = ckecked

Item Rel for Dlv = checked

Relevant for weight/volume = checked

Credit active = checked

Determine cost = checked

General control

None of check-box is checked.

Transaction flow

Incompl proc = 26 (Free of charge serv)

Partner determ proc = T (no item partner)

Text determ proc = 01 (Sales item)

Item cat stat group = 1 (Order, debit)

Screen seq grp = N

At transaction flow level, even if i copy a item category, fields are grayed (disabled). Anyone knows how to enable these fields for changes?

And the rest of the fields are empty.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you ever tried with Cross Selling scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks everything fine.

Except

Item Type - Why it is not blank

PartnerDetermProced.- why it is not N

Can you please tell me where exactly you are facing the problem, I mean the exact step.

milascon_daniel
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. i've tried with cross selling. I've never worked with cross selling.

I've maintain condition in VB41for material determination type CS01 for a particular material. And after that, i've changed in customer master "Customer procedure for product proposal" value B - Cross selling.

Then i've created sales order..and nothing happened.

milascon_daniel
Participant
0 Kudos

M T, if i leave Item type blank than i receive this error:

'Item rel. for delivery' only allowed from item categories A and B

How can i change Partner determination procedure? All fields from Transaction flow are grayed (disabled).

OK, so my requirments is to create an item category which define a bonus item. If someone order 4 pcs of material A then our company supply 1 pcs of material A as bonus (free of charge).

1) I have created item category ZBON in t-code VOV7 (as i say with reference from another Z item catg)

2) I have maintained "Item categ assignment" t-code VOV4 - i have asigned to manually item catg ZBON to according to:

Sales type -- Item category grouo for material -- usage -- item category of higher leve.

3) I've maintained "copying sales order to deliver" t-code VTLA

And , after these customizations, i've created a sales order, then when i want to deliver sales order, I receive follwing error:

Item category ZBON is not defined, so item 000010 will be disregarded
Message no. VL478

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMG - SD- Basic Functions - Cross selling

- Define Det'n procedure for cross selling

( Here use the std cross selling procedure )

- maintain Customer / Document procedure for cross selling

- Define Customer procedure for cross selling . Eg: B- cross selling ( which should be assigned in Customer Master - sales area data - Sales tab , in PP Cust. proc field)

- maintain Documet procedure for cross selling

( this proecudure should be assigned to sales doc type in the next step)

- Define & assign cross selling profile

- Assign cross selling profile

with the combination of ( sales org + Dist channel + Div + Customer proc.for cross selling + Doc proc for cross selling = Cross selling profile.

Now create Condition records for Cross selling in VB41- choose material det type eg: CS01 & press enter to continue,

enter the validity periods , materials number now click F2 or Goto - Alternative Materials (F2) & save

Now create sales order, once you enter material & pop will trigger to choose the bonus items,

as per your need you can determine item category wether its bonus item or normal item. ( VOV4: OR + NORM + CSEL + TAN = ZFRE / TAN)

Its workign fine for me,

Test & Revert

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement can be exactly mapped thr CROSS SELLING,

Customize Cross selling in IMG,

Maintain Item category determination accordingly ( maintain manual item cat as well which is relevant for pricing like TAN)

-Create Conditon record for cross selling in VB41 for the special product , assign the items to be issued as bonus items

- if you want to charge from the customer, you can manually change the item category according to your need.

(In Customer Master - sales area data - sales - PP Customer procedure, should be maintained as "Cross selling)

Try & revert, if you need more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use free good determination

Go to T-code V/N6, assign the free good procedure with your Sales area, CPP and DPP.

Create a condition record in VBN1 (Inclusive or exclusive)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to T-code V/N6, assign the free good procedure with your Sales area, CPP and DPP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As u told u need to sell this bonus material also. You can achieve this thru item category determination (VOV4) settings .

Thanks

Manoj Sharma

former_member396676
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You may try Free goods determination.

Thanks,

Vrajesh