cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to variable substituion in receiver file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one scenario in which i send data through proxy to xi to File .

I am sending the records in 50K(2lacs) slots in appending them in one file for today's date.

Now Next day again i will send the data with old2lacs and 1 new lacs record total 3 lacs .

the point here is i using append as file construction mode so the new 3 lacs records will get append in same file.

if i will send the current date frm ECC side and pick this date frm payold and use variable substituion my other neew file genreate or not, or else new records will get append in same file.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on variable substitution, all it does it just create the file or append the file with the naming convention you choose.

As you mentioned that you are going to use Date/Time stamp, it will work fine as same day records with the same date/time stamp will append whereas new date/time stamp will create new file.

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using the varable substituion and getting this error..

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error during variable substitution: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.varsubst.VariableDataSourceException: The following variable was not found in the message payload: var: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.configuration.DynamicConfigurationException: Error during variable substitution: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.varsubst.VariableDataSourceException: The following variable was not found in the message payload: var.

My payload is like this..........

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

- <n0:UST04_MT xmlns:n0="ness.com:Eurekify:UST04" xmlns:prx="urn:sap.com:proxy:DV3:/1SAI/TAS9238077179A583C7CD28:701:2009/02/10">

- <row>

<Date>20100122</Date>

<Identifier>UST04</Identifier>

<Flag>1</Flag>

<MANDT>100</MANDT>

<BNAME>............</BNAME>

<PROFILE>............</PROFILE>

</row>

- <row>

<Date>20100122</Date>

<Identifier>UST04</Identifier>

<Flag>1</Flag>

<MANDT>100</MANDT>

<BNAME>AADLER</BNAME>

<PROFILE>BASE_TRANS</PROFILE>

and in variable substitution i am given the value like this

var=payload:MT,1,Date,1

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The following variable was not found in the message payload
and in variable substitution i am given the value like this
var=payload:MT,1,Date,1

Looking at the message structure should you not maintain variable name reference as payload:UST04_MT,1,row,1,Date,1 i hope you are maintaining a proper file name scheme Something_%var%.xyz

And the payload that you should be referencing should be the Receiver payload and not the source payload.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jan 22, 2010 4:42 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you specify the question once more?

as it's hard to say what yor're asking for

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Michal,

I trying to use variable substution. based on date which i will get from the payload i will create the file .

i got the solution for issue.

fYI ................. i have taken the ref from below link..............

http:www.saptechnical.comTutorials/XI/Variable/substitution.htm

Regards