cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need some point of view on the following issue.

I'm creating a sales order with item category as TAD. In TAD I have removed the "schedule line relevance" for this item. Now when im creating a sales order with certain quantity its not getting picked up while saving the order i.e. the order quantity is disappeared in the quantity feild while saving.

The only changes I have made in the configuration is that I have removed the schedule line relevance in the item category. Can anyone throw some light on this. When Im making the item as schedule line category relevant the quantity is being picked up while saving.

Regards

Ayyallas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you used the item category TAD that is service item category .

Even service material is also need to do delivery , so that the item category shold be relevant for schedul lines.

The service material is not doing picking only in VL01N , nevertheless all remaining activities are same as we do from order to

billing.

Thnaks,

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

But why is the order qty not being saved.. it is disappearing while saving..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyallas,

TAD is the Item category for service item. Service item are normally not delivered physically as we do not maintain any inventory of service material.

For service material, Billing is created with reference to the Sales order as we do not create any Delivery for it.

If you go to the Item category TAD in IMG(t.code VOV7), you will find "Billing relevance" - A (Order related Billing).

If you need an item to be delivered physically, then the "Schedule line Allowed" field must have been activated(ticked), as well as the "Delivery relevance" field in the Schedule line category also must have been activated(ticked).

If both the places you have activated then only you can deliver an item physically.

In TAD, you may find that the "Schedule line allowed" field is activated in the Item category TAD, but in the Schedule line category CD you will find that "Delivery relevance" field is blank.

For your requirement, if you want to deliver your material then activate the "Delivery relevance" field in the Schedule line category CD in t.code VOV6.

Also ensure that for Item category TAD, "Schedule line Allowed" field is activated.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally, when you remove the schedule line relevance indicator, the system treats this as a return order. Try checking the returns indicator and test.