cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Independent Requirement not getting set-off

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I had assigned a FERT material to one of the nw activity (proc.type : Reservation for WBS element) which I am producing in-house and I am assigning the HALB material to the second nwa under the same network and creating PIR. When i am executing MD51 for the FERT, system is creating a Planned Order for HALB as per the quantity mentioned in the BOM of FERT and it is not setting off the quantity mentioned against the PIR. I mean when I check MD04, it is not getting displayed.

what could be the reason for this?

I checked the forum and found this link had similar problem but could not find a solution.

Awaiting your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, good to know this is closed.

would just like to know if the scenario is possible in SAP?

Reservation + PIR will get generated in the same material component?

Regards,

Emman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creation of PIR for material attached to network activity is part of the process called as 'advance procurement'. This PIR will get set off when you will have real requirement(attach the material to network activity as 'reservation for WBS element' or 'reservation for network'(in case of plant stock) from the project).

After coming of real requirement for the project, this PIR will get set off to zero. Please check in procurement parameters of material attached(as PIR) whether 'advance procurement' checkbox is checked for this.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

Thanks for your reply. To give more clarity to what I hv done...

Let us assume Nwk is 4000001 and I assigned the HALB to Activy 0010 of this network and the FERT to Activity 0020 of the same Network. I am acct. assigning "PIR" for HALB (quantity - one no.) and "Reservation for WBSE" for FERT.

My query is when I trigger MRP using MD51 for FERT, the requirement of HALB (quantity 2 nos.) for the FERT (as the FERT has a material BOM attached to it) should get set-off with the one no. i had already assigned as PIR whereas it is triggering Planned order for 2 nos.

Is my understanding correct or where i am wrong ? what settings are still missing ?

thanks once again.

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your understanding is correct.

Can you check for material HALB which you have attached to network activity has the 'advance procurement' checkbox checked in 'procurement parameter' tab of component. If it is not checked, then in material master of HALB you need to have planning stratagy 70 and mixed MRP indicator as '1' in MRP3 view. Then you need to re-attach material as PIR to network activity

Then your process should work fine.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

Thanks once again,

The "Advance Procurement" field is flagged in the "Proc. Param" tab. But if I maintain strategy group as 70, PIR is not getting generated. It is creating a "Reservation for WBS element" eventhough I assign the Proc. type as PIR in the "Comp. overivew" tab.

So the strategy group I think has to be maintained as 40 only for PIR generation (experts can correct me if I am wrong). Also, pl. note the acct. assign details of the assigned material as follows,

Acct Assgt Cat. Q

Special Stock Q

Valuation M

Consumption P

Movement Type 281

Is this correct ? also, pl. tell me that whether Reservation will get generated along with PIR?

thanks in advance