cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control No. of retries at receiver side processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I am updating some data in the ORACLE database using XI - JDBC adapter. Due to some problem, my JDBC channel has thrown an error(SQLException). Normally when the error occurs for the first, message will be going into retry mode and retries for 3 times with 5 minutes retyr interval(by default). There after we can retry the message manually. Now , Is there any way to cut down these no. of retries to only 1. That is, if the error occurs for the first time, we will make the message as FAILED/Not Delivered and release the thread associated with that message. So that, the successive messages will use that thread and proceed further.

Please help me in providing some inputs in this case.

Regards,

Soorya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this out

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Displayandchangeserviceproperties

xiadapter.inbound.numberRetries.default

xiadapter.inbound.retryInterval.default

Edited by: Fariha Ali on Jan 22, 2010 11:33 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now , Is there any way to cut down these no. of retries to only 1.

Refre this blog: /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

From the above blog:
We can achieve this by changing the retry count used by the Adapter Engine, by default its set to 3 times, 5 minutes apart.
This count can be changed in Visual Admin->server->services-> SAP XI Adapter: XI.

The setting will happen for all the interfaces and not for any one particular scenario.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt response. Currently I am using PI 7.1 JDBC adapter. So please help me in doing the same in PI 7.1's NWA.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Server is down at this moment and hence could not provide with the exact info on NWA....may be experts can guide you through the path.....meanwhile if the server is fixed I will post the location from where you need to change .

Regards,

Abhishek.