cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GI 281 to network -- GR 581 by-product -- Delivery?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Case:

Non-valuated project stock

Component should be delivered from plant stock to customer

Process that is working as expected:

1. Component assigned to NW Activity by "Reservation for Network"

2. Create delivery with CNS0

3. Post Delivery picking and GI

-> Cost posted to NW activity and component issued from plant stock

But what should be process if cost should be posted to project long time before delivery will happen?

I have tried following:

1. Component assigned to NW Activity by "Reservation for Network"

2. MB1A movement 281 To reservation

Even delivery can be created with CNS0 if you mark checkbox "Open quantity 0"? And reservation is already fullfilled so if you pick some quantity to delivery you will get extra cost to your project.

I have tried to confirm NW Activy. It did'nt help.

I have also tried to use negative quantity:

1. Component assigned to NW Activity by "Reservation for Network" two times: Positive and negative quantity

-> Component with positive quantity: Movement parameter = 281

-> Component with negative quantity: Movement parameter = 581

2. MB1A movement 281 To reservation

3. Confirm activity

But: I can't get component with negative quantity to CNS0 delivery. I can't GR 581 that by-product back to plant stock.

What is correct process to GI component to Network, process that there and deliver it to customer?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cost will be booked only if you issue the Goods by Movement type 281 or 281 Q or 221 Q.Inventory management is working only on the basis of Movement types.

You can create a Reservation for Project Stock (Q) or create a reservation without Q.

If you have passed requirement as Q then project stock should be available for that WBSE Element and if requirement is passed without Q then you issue the goods from Unrestricted stock.

1.So either use MIGO or MB1A and issue the Goods against the Reservation .The material will be issued and cost will be booked to Network activity if use 281 or 281 Q of cost will be booked to WBSE if directly issue the goods to WBSE by 221 Q.

2.If you want to create a delivery note then use CNS0 Create a delivery.Here there will no effect on stock and cost.

Do PGI in VL02N ,here cost will be booked after clicking the PGI Button and stock wil be reduced from project or plant stock as per the reservation created for Q or without Q.

Hope it is clear.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzamil

A couple clarifications:

- On this case component is always from plant stock (MRP4/Collective=2)

- Non-valuated project stock

If I understood correctly you propose this process:

1. Assign component to NW Activity with positive quantity and "Reservation on network"

2. MB1A post GI against reservation

-> Cost posted to Network Activity

-> reservation fulfilled

3. Create delivery with CNS0

4. VL02N PGI

But: On step 3 CNS0 doesn't find anymore components because reservation is already fulfilled. If you force that component to list with checkbox "Open quantity 0" and pick that in VL02N with quantity you will deliver and PGI, you will get double cost on your project. It was already issued from plant stock after step 2.

I appreciate your time and help!

-Jukka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I proposed either you use MIGO/ MB1A OR CNSO.

So create a reservation and issue the material in MIGO or MB1A againt the Reservation

OR

Create a reservation and create a delivery note in CNS0 and PGI in VL02N.

Please use one of the two options.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to do both:

1. MB1A

and

2. CNS0.

#1 to get component cost posted to project as soon as possible, months before delivering to customer.

#2 to deliver components to customer.

There is functionality to use Network same way you can use PP-order: Process components and do assembly/rework etc. Project will recognize Network-assigned component to be "assembly" when you use negative quantity on that line. But it also seems that CNS0 doesn't recognize that "Assembly" relevant for delivery.

I'm confused! Why to have assembly functionalities on NW if you can't delivery finished assembly to customer!?

-Jukka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will update you once i will check this in the system.

But CNS0 is working only on the basis of open Reservations so if you wanna issue the Materials earlier in MB1A then you cant see that in CNS0....

The concept of PGI is same is MB1A or MIGO,Here the system will run 281 Q or 281 and post the accounting document and update the inventory...

So you please check your business process accordingly.

Best of luck.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have done a 521 to book product into project stock so it is marked Q.

I want to create a dispatch for this but I cannot find anything on CSN0. I have created Delivery Information with the ship-to etc.

Above you've suggested that I need to create a Reservation - what movement type should I be using here?

Thanks for your help

Orla