cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure the RCA on Dev and Prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP.

We have two layer, the Dev and the Prod. We are implementing the RCA functionality( SolMan EHP SP20). My question is do we need to configure all the RCA functionality like ( SolMan_Setup) and configure the tools on the dev server and move these changes to the Prod thru a transport?

My point is we cannot move this thru a transport, since all the RFC connection and the names will be different on the dev and production.

Does this mean that we need to configure directly on the prod server. Can any one provide the comments what should be the approach.

Also do we need to generate the Blue Print- what will be the content of the Blue Print.

Appreciate your comments.

Regards

Bob C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

icm/HTTP/logging_0 is the parameter for Http loging, and if your managed system is java based(e.g portal) then in this case you have to setup flight recorder parameter as well " jstartup/recorder " this paramenter is used for exception analysis and Trace analysis

both these paramenter need to be maintained in your instance profile

There is no extra precaution required, since you have already done with solman_setup. configuraton of RCA will not tamper any trx codes.

Regards,

Shyam

mkloeffer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

you are right, the RFC's and the RCA configuration cannot be transported, so you need to configure both systems. Depending on what you want to do, you should decide to which Solution Manager system you connect your systems to.

For RCA for example it makes sense to connect all systems which could be involved in an analysis to the same Solution Manager system. If you plan to use Change Analysis functionality or Configuration Validation, the systems you want to compare against each other need to be connected to the same Solution Manager system.

It is not a problem to connect a system to two Solution Manager systems. But therefore you need to install 2 agents, one for each Solution Manager.

Hope this helps

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael for the clarification. Since we need to configure the production system. Do you forsee where we need to restart the system (Prod) to activate some of the settings. I understand when we deploy willy agents we need to restart the system.

Secondly - Do we generate a Blue Print doc, since these changes are all configuration. What actually does a blue print document have for a RCA implementation. Any sugessions will be helpful.

Once again thanks for the response.

Regards

Bob C

mkloeffer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

you are right, after the RCA configuration a restart of the managed system is needed. BUT, you do not need to do the restart right away. Depending on your maintenance schedule you can wait for the next planned restart to get the changes activated.

If you talk about an ABAP system, there are some parameters for the HTTP Logging which need to be changed. You can activate these by restarting the ICM (without a complete restart of the system). In this case you will only cancel all existing end-user sessions and the users need to relogon.

I do not see that you need to adapt any blueprints, as RCA configuration does not change anything related to business processes. The only thing I can imagine is that you want to create a blueprint for the configuration itslef, but this is totally open to you.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael, Your answer was very helpful.

Since we are touching the production server and making configuration changes, what precations do we need to take so that we are not tampering the other systems or interfearing with the other operation. Our Solution Manager production system is shared by other applications. Do we have a list that any of such tx codes need to be handled with care etc.

And you have rightly pointed out some of the parameters as such the HTTP logging can be restarted by ICM. I have not seen these instruction or may be I didnt notice in the https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/diagnostics.

Can you direct me where I can get all these list of steps ( like HTTP logging etc) and any other steps which I need to follow.

Also what parameters do you see that can be moved thru transport. Or do you think we need to do the complete configuration on the Prodcution system.

Thanks once again.

Regards

Bob C

mkloeffer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

the procedure is described in the IMG and in the SolMan_Setup transaction, but you are right, the hint with the ICM is not described anywhere. Generally spoken you should restart your managed system after doing the configuration.

As described earlier, you cannot move the configuration through a transport, you need to do it again in your productive Solution Manager system.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Pls find the below link for implementing the Business Process.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700002006042008E/HowTo_Impl_Bus_Proc.pdf

THnx,

Waseem.