cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Orders, wrongly getting settlement rules from WBS.

jaan_chogal2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Friends,

The problem is - I have an internal order with its settlement profile pointing to settle to WBS. But when I create an internal order and assign a WBS to this internal order (this WBS is CRTD status with settlement rule created as Fixed Asset), the internal order is automatically getting copied settlement rule of WBS which is Fixed Asset. In the internal order, it profile says that it should be settled to WBS and settlement rule will be created maually. Even its settlement profile changes ,and is taken from WBSE settlement profile.

However, if I release the same WBS and create another Internal Order then no settlemet rule is created in internal order as per our expectations. And we can easity create settlement rule for WBSE for this internal order.

Is it something to do with releaseing the WBS. But, if it is like that, how can we prevent it behaving like that. Users do not want the creation of settlement rule automatically and copied down from WBS.

All answers are welcome and helpful answer will get appreciation.

Regards,

Bhajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the settlement profile and settlement strategy should be 06 and not 08

also disallow FXA for order settlement

also not sure when your WBS is CRTD why you have a settlement rule to FXA ?? are you not using AuC?

jaan_chogal2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Vir.

Reply to your questions:

I do not have automatic settlement rule activated (so there is no question of stretegies). By the way it is 06 but we have not assigned any stretegy sequence to any order to prevent automatic creation of settlement rules.

In the profile for order, I only have valid receiver as WBS all other receiver are disallowed. And default object type is WBSE. Even then it is copying settlement rule of WBSE automatically if there is one created for that WBSE.

We actually create a fixed asset as a settlement rule (we create fixed aset before but we do not capitalise it as it will be capitalised after the project is about to close) and when we run first settlement, it goes to AUC. What has happened is, user created a project and settlement rule to that project as usual. User forgot to release the project. Then when user created an internal order, she was surprised to see that settlement rule was getting created automatically the same as she created in WBS as assigned to this internal order. This internal order, somehow adopts the settlement profile of that WBSE and would not use its own profile.

This seems to be an unique problem. I will appreciate your review of the problem again based on the facts I have described above.

Regards,

Jaan

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all my name is not Vir - I find it unprofessional that you can write such a long note about your issue, but still shorten peoples' name.

You should use IM profile on your WBS and set the manage AuC. Add that to your WBS. Now change your process - not to worry about maintaining settlement rule on creation of project. When you release project automatically the WBS will create a settlement rule to AuC - till you are ready to capitalise. Now set settlement strategy to WBS in your Internal order and there should be no problems.

jaan_chogal2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry Mr. Virender Pal. To shorten the first name may not be a professional issue but rather a cultural one. But my apology if you think so.

The investment profile is certainly there and I think only then AUC could be created for Capital Projects. As I wrote in my previous posting that we are not using automatic creation of settlement rule so there is no question of any stretegy being used both at WBSE or Internal Order level. Please revisit your knowledge, may be you need to go to SPRO again.

As I have clearily written previously that settlement rule is getting copied to internal order even when it is being created, when settlement rule is already created in WBSE in CRTD status. It is very possible to create settlement rule in Capital Project before it is release and you certainly can use Fix Asset as settlement receiver at that point of time (you simply create it beforhand to be used for AUC). Now, when you run first settlement for capital projects, the settlement automatically goes to AUC.

Do you mind testing that in your sandbox to make this certain and understandable to you, please. Then if you find something weired then please reply me. I am sure you will get the same thing.

Regards

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you use investment profile then settlement rule to AuC is only created on REL - this is standard SAP functionality

you should not create any settlement rule manually in WBSE to FXA - thisis only required later

jaan_chogal2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Virender Pal,

I don't think you have really understood my question. Or I guess you did not bother to put even a bit effort to solve the question. While I appreciate your bit time but It is better to understand the question before reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhajan,

Dont use this type of language in this forum...

You should appreciate Virenders reply.

We are not here to listen anything that we cant tolerate.

If SAP is giving you the solution then why do you waste others time?...

Muzamil

jaan_chogal2
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jaan_chogal2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Folks,

While I thank the person who replied.

But, I received reply from SAP itself that this is a normal SAP methodology that it copies down settlement rule to I/O if WBSE to which I/O is assigned, is in CRTD status and if that WBSE has settlement rule already created.

In order to avoid this situation, one must not create settlement rule in the WBSE if I/O is to carry to cost while the wbse is in CRTD status. Or else, WBSE must be released and then settlement rule should be created.