cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to fill dropdown with valueset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Sorry for the lame question. Am a WDA developer & beginner to Adobe Forms. Am struggling to attach a valueset to a dropdown defined in a Adobe Form. My onsite colleagues have created a Adobe Form for performing employee leaver actions. Below are the details of the form.

Interface type is XML-Schema based interface

Layout type is xACF layout

On the form they have placed a dropdown of type EnumDropDownList1.

In my Web Dynpro Component i have a single context node EMPDETAILS with the employees details like pernr, ename, endda...

Under the same node i also have an attribute of type wdr_context_attr_value_list. I thought that I can fill in my texts & do a set_attribute_value_set to this particular attribute & finally bind my dropdown to this particular attribute. But things arent working out this way. Can anyone help guide me the way I should proceed to display a dropdown with values in Adobe Forms.

I being a newbie to Adobe Forms might have skipped out on mentioning the most vital things so please probe me with any further details that you would need.

Thanks,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I realized that I cannot have any attributes of structured or table type, under a context node of cardinality 1..1 . I have so created another node LEAVER_DETAILS with cardinality 1..n under the EMPDETAILS node having cardinality of 1..1 . I have created 2 attributes KEY & VALUE of type STRING under the LEAVER_DETAILS node. i then bind my value set internal table to this node using the BIND_TABLE method.

Now when I navigate to the "Data View" of my form I see the structure as follows:

LEAVER_NODE
|
|_____DATA
               |______KEY
               |______VALUE
               |______MAX

I didnt get as to from where the MAX attribute came from. I assume that may be it contains the count of the total number of entries which i have bound to the LEAVER_NODE context node.

I bind my dropdown to the VALUE attribute but when I test my component its dumping with the reason as:

WebDynpro Exception: ADS call failed ADS: com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: No output was generated while rendering: Stream for: PDFOut.(200,101).

I tried testing a standard SAP Adobe Form and it was executing fine so its something to do with a bug in my form. Anyone plz help!

Thanks,

Uday

Edited by: Uday Gubbala on Jan 22, 2010 1:46 AM

The dump is now gone but I just am getting the same dropdown without any valueset

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well well still struggling with the dropdown thing... I now manage to get a dropdown but its filled with empty values. I can expand the dropdown but all the values are blank. Any clues? I have used a simple string type for the attribute, specified the dynamic properties for the interactive form, set the displaytype property of the InteractiveForm to native but it isnt still helping...

Thanks,

Uday

• Well now the dropdown has started to only display the first row of the valueset. The rest of the values are just blank rows of data... Any help is very much appreciated...

Edited by: Uday Gubbala on Jan 22, 2010 4:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udday,

I laready face the same issue and i didn't solved it. Perhaps you can create an OSS message for getting SAP Help . I think there's bug on SAP Side.

Regards

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bertrand,

I changed the dropdown to a ,"Value Help Drop-down list" from under the Web dynpro Native category & bound it with my internal table. I guess the bug doesnt arise for this type of dropdown.

Regards,

Uday