cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical/Horizontal Scaling

eric_carlson
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are on SAP Netweaver 7.0 with Adobe Livecycle Designer ES (8.1.2.3337.1.509884). Am wondering if anyone has experience with vertical and/or horizontal font scaling in Adobe Forms. Basically, we have a form with a fixed sized box and we want to scale the font vertically so that the text fills the entire box. In other words, in the example below, we are wanting the 'ABCDEFGH' to be twice the height, but the same width. I believe this scaling is available in ES 8.2, but that isn't currently available for SAP. Has anyone successfully done this in SAP Adobe Forms? We are thinking we may need to somehow create custom TrueType fonts and then upload to SAP, but are wondering if there are any easier ways. Thanks.

-

ABCDEFGH

-

Thanks,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reviving an old post since it wasn't answered and I cannot find an answer on the forums.

I am facing the same issue, scaling is displayed visualy in livecycle designer (transaction sfp) but when printed or previewed as pdf the scaling is cancelled or has no effect.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

eric_carlson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thanks for the reply. However, increasing the font pt size will not work for us, as that would not only increase the font vertically, but also horizontally. Thus, in the box below, it would push the text outside the viewable area, which is not what we want. We really only want to increase the vertical height, so that the letters come closer to the top of the box, but remain at the same width. Any other ideas?

I``````````````````I

I ABCDEFGH I

- - - - - - - - - - - -

eric_carlson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thanks for the reply. However, increasing the font pt size will not work for us, as that would not only increase the font vertically, but also horizontally. Thus, in the box below, it would push the text outside the viewable area, which is not what we want. We really only want to increase the vertical height, so that the letters come closer to the top of the box, but remain at the same width. Any other ideas?

I``````````````````I

I ABCDEFGH I

- - - - - - - - - - - -

eric_carlson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I``````````````````I

I ABCDEFGH I

- - - - - - - - - - - -

eric_carlson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I``````````````````I

I ABCDEFGH I

- - - - - - - - - - - -

eric_carlson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I``````````````````I

I ABCDEFGH I

- - - - - - - - - - - -

eric_carlson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I``````````````````I

I ABCDEFGH I

- - - - - - - - - - - -

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you correctly indentified font scaling is available from Designer 8.2. As a workaround you can increase the font size of the value entered by the user to get desired effect.

Check the following path in your Designer Help:-

Using LiveCycle Designer ES > Working with Objects > Formatting objects > Formatting text and paragraphs > To change the size of text

Chintan