Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sender Adapter transformation problem

former_member218864
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a problem tha might be quite simple to solve but I'm completely lost And some help would be apreciated

We have an "File -> RFC -> File" scenario implemented using BPM, in our case the file is already in an XML format and we dont have control on the creation on that file, some old application generates it. The problems is that no matter if we build the data type or if we use an external definition, PI always adds the namespace to the message using the tag xmlns:ns0="namespace...." and in our case the when we test the interface is expecting something like this:

If we tests with the original file PI triggers an Mapping Error, in fact, if whe load the file in the mapping test section at design time we can reproduce the error. When we change the file format mannualy and we just add the "ns0" and the attribute xmlns:ns0="Some namespace....." it works just fine. The problem is that we cannot change the program that generates the files and I don´t have any clue on how to solve this on PI side. We don't know which should be the approach.. content transformations in the CC, XSLT, or create an VBS at operating system level to change all the files before PI runs, etc...

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Gustavo Balboa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please close this thread as you have alredy open same thread.

I dont think so namespace or ns0 can be a problem while reading XML.

Please try by removing namespace that is present in message type.

Let us know the output.

-Gouri

former_member218864
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gouri,

I was sure that would be a very simple solution jejejeje..... thank you very much. You were right. I just remove the namespace of the data type, and now is working just fine.

I always use the namespace and I thougth that was mandatory always because in the repository the field is marked as mandatory...

Again, thank you!

Best Regards

Gustavo Balboa

Answers (0)