Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Adapter - Set Additional JMS Parameters or Replace Default Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

We are using PI/XI 7.0 (SP 12).

In trying to set up a Communication Channel using JMS Adapter to connect to Oracle AQ, I do not see the checkbox "Set Additional JMS Parameters or Replace Default Settings" , nor is the table for the parameters / value visible.

We have deployed the driver file as described in the How-to- guide: How To Install and Configure External Drivers for JDBC & JMS Adapters

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f04ce027-934d-2a10-5a8f-fa0b1ed4d88f?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

In setting up the Communication Channel so far:

Type: Sender

Transport Protocol: Access JMS Provider Generically

Message Protocol: JMS 1.x

Adapter Engine: Integration Server

After this I expect to see the checkbox "Set Additional JMS Parameters or Replace Default Settings", but it is not there.

Therefore I am not able to select it in order to enter parameters like:

JMS.QueueConnectionFactoryImpl.classname

JMS.QueueConnectionFactoryImpl.method.setHostName

JMS.QueueImpl.classname

JMS.QueueImpl.constructor.... etc

Can someone please share if this because we are on too low SP or do we need to do something additional before it becomes visible? Is this a feature that only became available as of PI/XI 7.0 SP 13 or 14 ?

I checked both Sender and Receiver channel type, and it does not appear for both.

Thanks & Cheers,

Jodie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are using PI 7.1 and I've set up a communication Channel using JMS Adapter to send

messages to a Sonic MQ queue.

I need to send some values as JMS parameters, two of which are constants and two are values

from the Sender message. I tried defining and setting up the parameters with constants values

in the Communication Channel under the Advanced tab by selecting the check-box

set Adapter-specific Message Attributes as follows:

Name TYPE

ContentType String

ReturnValue boolean

Name VAlue

Contenttype CompanyCode

ReturnValute true

This however lead to an error in the Adapter Engine (RWB).

My problem is:

1. Can anyone please instruct me as to how to go about defining and setting up

additional JMS parameters?

2. How to go about defining/setting up variables that will get their values from

the sender message?

Thanks & Cheers,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the Advanced tab. Then select check-box Set Adapter-Specific Message Attributes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

It seems that the checkbox "Set Additional JMS Parameters or Replace Default Settings" really does not appear in our release of PI/XI.

But I guess what I just need is the Additional Parameters table in the 'Advanced' tab.

Many thanks for the hint.

Cheers,

Jodie