cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDPortalNavigation.navigateRelative

tom_cole3
Explorer
0 Kudos

In my application I have a Web Dynpro iView and a Transaction iView in the same PCD folder. I want to navigate to the transaction iView from the Web Dynpro iView relatively, so the link will remain intact across system deployments.

I am trying to use WDPortalNavigation.navigateRelative to open the transaction iView in a separate window, but appear to be missing something. The code I am using looks like this:

WDPortalNavigation.navigateRelative(null, 0, 
    new String[] {"com.test.ZTEST_PROP_TREE"}, 
    WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_HEADERLESS_PORTAL, 
    WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS, null);

The iView I am navigating to is in the same folder and the PCD location for this view ends in com.test.ZTEST_PROP_TREE after the last slash.

I pass null to use the current PCD folder location (which is the same) and pass 0 levels up. I then pass SHOWS_HEADERLESS_PORTAL to open in a headerless window. I am currently not passing any parameters but will be once I can establish a connection.

The window that opens says: "Page not found or not available.".

BTW the content is all stored in a folder named Test Folder under Portal Content/Content Provided By Other Vendors/End User Content. If any more information is required, please advise.

I am able to navigate absolutely using the following code sample, but I am trying to avoid the need to keep the views in the same folder structure. I should be able to move them wherever we need to, so long as they are together in the same PCD folder location.

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(
"ROLES://portal_content/other_vendors/every_user/com.test.folder.TEST/com.test.ZTEST_PROP_TREE", WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_HEADERLESS_PORTAL, 
null, null, 
WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_HISTORY, 
null, null, "GS_0100-SUBID=000000000008", true);

Edited by: Tom Cole on Jan 21, 2010 5:46 PM to add absolute navigation details.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

in WDPortalNavigation.navigateRelative first parameter is the base path, the second one is how many levels do you want to go up, and the third one is relative path.

This means that if you pass these 3 parameters: ("ROLES://portal_content/other_vendors/every_user/com.test.folder.TEST/com.test.ZTEST_PROP_TREE", 1, "com.test.ZTEST_PROP_TREE2);

then you will be navigate:

firs to one level up -> ROLES://portal_content/other_vendors/every_user/com.test.folder.TEST/;

and second to -> ROLES://portal_content/other_vendors/every_user/com.test.folder.TEST/com.test.ZTEST_PROP_TREE2;

And I don't understand what is the problem with PCD when you are creating roles and then just delta links.

Regards,

Anton

Edited by: Anton Dimitrov on Jan 22, 2010 5:38 PM

Answers (0)