cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assert Condition Violated - for browse/upload in WDABAP app

former_member188032
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a WDABAP that allows the user to browse for an Adobe Form and upload it. The user is able to browser and select the file to be uploaded. If they click too quickly on the Upload Button, they get an "ASSERT condition was violated" dump. Termination occurrs in the ABAP program "CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CP" - in "DISPATCH_EVENT". The main program was "SAPMHTTP ". This happends sporadically, sometimes the file uploads correctly and other times it dumps. I belive this is related to event handling but I am new to WDABAP so need some advice on what may be causing the problem. Is there some "clean-up" code that should be placed in the WDABAP somewhere (maybe something related to an event is remaining in the buffer)???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We recently logged an oss call for a very similar issue.

This is a known error which is fixed starting with patch level 222.

Please see note 1381565 to get more information.

Implementing the note solved our problem.

Regards,

Nicolas

former_member188032
Participant
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

Thanks for the information. I looked at the note you referenced. I can't really tell from the note summary if this is the same issue that we are having. The class that is referenced in the note (CL_HTTP_ENTITY) does appear in the "List of ABAP programs affected" in my short dump but it is not listed in the keywords section of the dump. Did your ASSERTION_FAILED error result from an Adobe Form within a WebDynpro ABAP or from something else? I'm trying to determine if we had close to the same cause for the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joyce,

Our error would occur simply by using the 'FileUpload' element from within an abap wd application.

The user can browse to files and add them to a temporary iinternal table by clicking a button. This action would occasionally cause a dump (ASSERT condition violated), and other times it would work fine. So actually it would dump even before a file was effectively "uploaded" to the server.

The type of file did not seem to be a factor really, the error could occur with docs, excells or adobe forms the like.

It set us back quite a while, but after implementing that note is now working like a charm.

Hope you can find something useful out of it.

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce

We are experiencing the same issue. Can you please confirm that this method worked for you?

former_member188032
Participant
0 Kudos

I have opened a message with SAP to confirm that this is a known problem addressed by SAP Note 1381565. We have not yet applied the kernel patch referenced in the note. I will update this thread when I hear back from them.

Sap referred me to note 1381565. We will not be apply the kernal patch until fall maintenance.

Edited by: joyce on May 26, 2010 4:30 PM