cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc data - Need to see the full SDATA field value

Former Member
0 Kudos

My SAP system is 4.6C. I need to see and extract the field data of the SDATA field in the EDID4 table. The field size in se11 is showing as of 1000 characters, but the field data when displaying is getting truncated. The message that comes below is Field SDATA is too wide to display (field will be truncated) --> Message no. MO 441 --> The field SDATA is more than 200 characters long. --> the system response comes as The field is output in a format restricted to 200 characters. So, it seems that the data after 200th character is getting truncated.

How can i increase the display field of the SDATA field???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to view the IDoc data directly in the database. You need to use either WE05 transaction for an existing IDoc or WE60 to view the documentation and layout for each type.

In a nutshell, there are different segments, each with their own layout, but it's not efficient to create database tables with separate fields for each segment. So all the data is stored in "raw" format and then, knowing the segment code, it may be correctly parsed into a readable format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi can you expand a little on this answer. I have the same issue with a custom IDOC I have created and even using WE05 I can not see the entire string. I can not see either the data in the Table EDID4 other than the 1st 200 chars, and I want to see the entire string length which is nearly 400 characters,

Is it possible to see 400 chars in a single string len or it will always be truncated ?

Thanks

Answers (0)