cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Livecache MaxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´ve the next doubt about the uninstall of the MaxDB software and the own db. I´m following the sapnote 599129 and in the point of the uninstall the software Í´ve next question:

I want to uninstall only the database and the maxdb software which does not affect the installation of the SCM already done.

These are the 3 options that you can see on the sapnote 599129.

a-Uninstallation the complete SAP DB software or MaxDB software. To uninstall the complete SAP DB software or MaxDB software

b-Uninstalling the dependent package.To uninstall only the version-dependent software and retain the client installation and server utilities on the host

c-Uninstalling all software except the client software. If you want to uninstall all version-dependent software parts and

server utilities, but want to retain the client software.

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I assummed that you have one liveCache instance installed on the same server as SCM.

If my assumption correct, you could go with one of the following options:

I) the sapnote 599129 + a) . After you uninstall all MAXDB software, you need to install the

the liveCache client software - note 649814.

You need the liveCache client software installed on the application server to be able to communicate

with liveCache.

OR

2) the sapnote 599129 + c). After that run sdbverify as root user & check if the liveCache client software installed correctly ... Check any modified permissions, files, ownership ...

Thank you and best regards, Natalia khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

If I uninstall all the MaxDB software and Db instance I´ll have to install the livecache server and client?

More thanks

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben Torres,

Could you please collaborate more on your question.

Also good to know::

What you plans after the uninstall of the MAXDB software?

What will be the architecture of the SCM system?

What SCM/APO application are you planning to run?

What is the SCM database?

I recommend you to uninstall all MAXDB software, then install the live Cache client software - note 649814.

You need the live Cache client software installed on the application server to be able to communicate with live Cache. This option was recommended, because you posted before the modified permissions issues after sdbverify run.

In general, as you know there are 3 options in SAP note 599129..

a- uninstall all MAXDB software.

b-Uninstalling the dependent package.

< For example, if you have another database instance installed, you need the Utility + client database software Packages >

c-Uninstalling all software except the client software.

< For example, you would like to have only application servers running on this machine. >

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply stop the DB, drop the instance and remove the software using sdbuninst

Read,

http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_7/44/d8fc93daba5705e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

regards

Juan