cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write multi-language entries to central Audit Log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

For my custom XI adapter module, I need to write multi-language log entries to the RWB Audit Log. Therefore I created some resource bundle files with my message texts.

But at runtime of my module, I cannot know the language of the user, who accesses the log via his web browser.

Is there any possibility to provide custom resource bundle to the central audit log?

Thanks in advance!

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthias,

The idea behind using various resource bundles will work fine when you would detect the Locale of the user accessing RWB and load appropriate resource bundle. In most of the web applications based on Java this would be done automatically and you would not need to write exlplicit code for this but the Audit logs that you write from your adapter module would most probably be persisted to the database. At the most you would be able to persist the appropriate language messages by detecting the default locale in adapter module and retrieve values from corresponding resource bundle. Rest, your standard message display tool UI is automatically displayed in the appropriate language your browser sends to the server.

Hope this helps.

-- amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

thanks for your answer.

I'm currently using my own ResourceBundle, so that I write already translated content to Audit Log. But during execution of my module, I'm not aware of the language, the log will be accessed. Thus, I have to store the texts somewhere in the Audit Log and have to write just keys to the Audit class.

In the javadoc of class Audit it's mentioned, that the values for the MessageKeys are stored in the MSG_AUDIT DB table. Do you know, how to access this table, because I haven't found?

Thank you again!

Matthias