cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10g Release 2 (10.2.0.4) Patch Set 3 for HP-UX Itanium installation failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone

after i installed the oracle10g 10.2.0.1,and tried to install the patch set (10.2.0.4)

Prerequisite check failed!

My OS platform is HP-UX B.11.23 IA64

the error info as follow :

Checking the Components installed in Oracle Home

Actual Result: error

Check complete. The overall result of this check is: Not executed <<<<

Recommendation:

=======================================================================

Checking for Oracle Home incompatibilities ...

Check complete. The overall result of this check is: Not executed <<<<

OUI-15038: Unable to execute rule 'CheckCompatibility' from ruleset 'CompatibilityChecks'. The underlying test 'oracle.sysman.oip.oipc.oipcz.OipczCompatibilityChecks.checkProductCompatibility' has thrown an unhandled exception [value for param now is null]. If the exception results in a failure of the test and the exception needs to be propagated, then encapsulate the exception in the result object and return the result.

Recommendation: Choose an existing Oracle Database 10g Oracle Home for installing this software.

=======================================================================

Any advise will be much appriciated!

Do need your helps!

Thanks&Regards

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The same problem is documented on Oracle metalink:

OUI 10.2 Prerequisite Check Fails With OUI-15038 And "[value for param now is null]" [ID 602059.1]:

Cause

Some kernel tunables (parameters) have been changed but the new values will not be activated until the next server reboot

Solution

Reboot the server so that the kernel tunable (parameter) changes are activated before installing the Oracle software

Workaround

The errors/warnings can be ignored and the Oracle installation can be completed successfully, but it is best to schedule a reboot of the server soon so that the pending kernel parameter changes are activated.

References

BUG:7150277 - OUI 10.2 PREREQ CHECKS FAIL WITH OUI-15038 AND "[VALUE FOR PARAM NOW IS NULL]"

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone

The problem has been solved

I Just chmod &ORACLE_HOME with 777

but which confused me is that is it must be done first before install the oracle Patch ?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do not change this to 777, to a maximum, set it to 775.