cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapscript - ascii code - group separator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on a sapscript form that prints out labels that have a 2D barcode (PDF417).

The client requires group separators to be on it, for example ascii dec value 30 which is a record separator.

Now how can I add that character to my sapscript? I have already tried \30 : when scanning the label in showed me 30 in notepad.

I guess I am not supposed to see the group separators at all when scanning into notepad, because I scanned a barcode label that has the group separators in it, but I couldn't see them in notepad? I was wondering if there is another program which makes the ascii characters human readable when scanning the barcode?

Thanks

Anne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try <30>? (this notation is usually used for sap symbols and icons; list of <..> is in TCP01 table)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I just tried <30>, the output on the label with the barcode scan was #.

I thought Dec 30 in the ASCII table is RS (record separator)?

Or is this different in SAP? Can I find the record separator in table TCP01 ?

Thanks

Anne

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the output device you use has a code page which do not take into account this value (code page is defined in the device type of the output device, see SPAD transaction). You should use another device type/code page. Ask your admin.

Edited by: Sandra Rossi on Jan 21, 2010 5:29 PM: ADDITIONS:

- "RS" is the "human-readable name" of decimal 30.

- In TCP01, you'll find: 30 Control_RECORD_SEPARATOR 00001E

- many of code pages contain decimal code 30 (hex 1E). What code page do you use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks.

I was wondering, could you recommand an other device type/ code page. We are currently using: ZPTXASC4: Printronix ASCII Printer (PLG) as device type. Where can I see the Codepage?

We are printing on a ZEBRA ZM400-200dpi ZPL.

Thanks

Anne

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Code page is in the device type (SPAD)

What is weird is that none of the standard code pages in 7.0 (used by the standard ZEBRA device types) accept the record separator. You might have to copy the code page to a custom one and add it... (or check which standard code page fits it).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm, I don't see codepage in the device type... is it maybe called "printer character set"?

Thanks

Anne

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, that's it (though "code page" would be more correct).

Anyway, ask an admlnistrator to look at the problem. He'll explain you, and will be able to see what can be done.

If it's what I suppose, you should copy it to 9xxx custom code page, and add 1103O segment for example, and assign 9xxx to the device type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured it out, need to enter _ followed by the ascii code

Thanks

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well done, and thank you for the feedback.

For other people (thanks to your feedback), I could find that _ is part of the Zebra printer's language. Excerpt from the ZPL manual (example shows how to send hex 1E):

> The ^FH command allows you to enter the hexadecimal value for any character directly into the ^FD statement. The ^FH command must precede each ^FD command that uses hexadecimals in its field.

> Within the ^FD statement, the hexadecimal indicator must precede each hexadecimal value. The default hexadecimal indicator is _ (underscore). There must be a minimum of two characters designated to follow the underscore. A one-character parameter after ^FH can be added when a different hexadecimal indicator is needed.

> Example: FHFDTilde _1e used for HEX^FS

Added by me: Example 2: FH%FDTilde %1e used for HEX^FS

Answers (0)