cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:connection between webmethoda and XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

From legacy system data push into webmethoda ,from webmethods i have to push the data to Xi and SAP

is there any connetion parmeter between webmethoda to Xi or any configuration

please give me needful information

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I remeber that the Webmethods provided the XI Adapter (also package for the XI related stuff) where you have register the XI system and need to convert the data to some format ....

I read that long back..but did not tried the same...search in Advantage.webmethods.com forum for documents....

HTH

Rajesh

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think you require XI in this case. You can directly send data as required by target SAP system from webmethods using RFC, IDOC and SOAP interfaces...

SOAP can be used if it is an ABAP Proxy interface on SAP system, as we can expose this proxy as a webservice......

In webmethods you need to install SAP Package.

Regards,

Praveen

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Jan 21, 2010 5:02 PM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We used WebServices (SOAP) for communication between XI/ PI and WebMethods

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

can you ellabrorate how we use the soap adapter between webmethods to Xi communication

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the scenario in XI like what its has to be done ..but in this case sender will be soap and reciever will be the target system ...

once done generate the WSDL and consume the same in Webmethods....

If need more details on generating the WSDL in PI search SDN lot of threads and articles are there...

If needed how to consume the webservice in webmethods check the documents in webmethods advantage...

HTH

Rajesh

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You dont require two middleware tools (Webmethods and XI) to acheive this and it is not recommended.

Use webmethods to directly integrate with the target system (SAP R/3).

XI might be required only when certain things cannot be acheived in Webmethods and it can only be achieved in XI.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes we dont require two middleware tools, but how will a company convince its client to let go one of the two middleware...especially when either of them have a good amount of resources involved....this was the case in our project and hence we had to retain WebMethods also.

@Jayant:

WebMethods and XI/ PI both have the capability of exposing its interfaces as WebServices....we made use of this capability and exposed the scenarios as webservices to each other (WM and XI/ PI)....maybe the creation of WSDLs in WM is more complicated as compared to XI/ PI but it is supported....and since SOA concept was the baseline of our project we stressed on WebServices (SOAP).

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I too agree with you..........

>>maybe the creation of WSDLs in WM is more complicated as compared to XI/ PI but it is supported.

This is not true. Infact, in WM it is much easier and it (SOAP in WM) has lots of features compared to SAP XI/PI SOAP.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti.