cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One pricing condition for BOM and other for individual component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP gurus,

We have two pricing condition types created and assigned in the pricing procedure which has been created with reference to PR00 and condition records are maintained for both the condition types.

But, we want only one pricing condition type to be triggered in the sales order depending on the usage of material in the sales order. As we are selling the same material individually and as well as a component in a bundle ( BOM).

i.e, when one pricing condition for BOM component and other for individual component

What are the configuration steps to be taken care to get this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

KB

Edited by: K.byla on Jan 21, 2010 1:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K.Byla,

You can do one thing.

Try to create most specific condition table.

For example, Condition table 501 contains. Sales org/Div/Distribution channel/Material.

Create a new condition table 500 : Sales org/Distribution/Division/Sold to party/Material

For normal material create condition record with condition table 501.

For BOM use specific condition table 500..

This is very simple solution..

If you want to go for routine level.. Develop new routine for "Alternate condition base value" or "Alternate calculation type" in the pricing procedure.

Abapers can help you on this.

Regards,

Rajesh L

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ALL for your responses..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K.Byla,

You can do one thing.

Try to create most specific condition table.

For example, Condition table 501 contains. Sales org/Div/Distribution channel/Material.

Create a new condition table 500 : Sales org/Distribution/Division/Sold to party/Material

For normal material create condition record with condition table 501.

For BOM use specific condition table 500..

This is very simple solution..

If you want to go for routine level.. Develop new routine for "Alternate condition base value" or "Alternate calculation type" in the pricing procedure.

Abapers can help you on this.

Regards,

Rajesh L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One quest. are you maintaining only one material for this or there are two different materials - one for BOM and other for Individual material.

Because, you are saying same material is sold individually and as well as a component in a bundle ( BOM)

And also, you want single condition type for both

Can you detail the scenario so that we can provide you proper solution

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, we are maintaining only one material. The same material is used to sell individually and also in a BOM.

As i have mentioned earlier, whenever the material is sold individually it should pick condition type say 'YR00' and when the same material is sold as a bundle ( BOM) , it should pick condition type " YR01" in same the pricing procedure.

For both the condition types, the condition records are maintained.

To give the scenario details,

A material "X" is sold individually as a single component and the same material is also used for selling bundled with other material "Y" and the bundled material as "Z"

means, Z=X+Y

Pricing procedure used is say ZRA000 which contains currently the price cond type YR00.

Now for the bundle (BOM) involvement i want to use the same pricing pricing proc. and add the new cond YR01 in it so that the system will pick the cond.type YR00 when the material is sold individually and YR01 is taken as the price when the material is sold as a bundle against the item X.

Need to know the steps for this scenario and do i need to maintain a specific requirement ? please suggest.

BR,

KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you charging the price at item level when it is sold in BOM.

Then you can do one thing. You make YR00 condition type as Manaul when material is sold individually and maintain condition record for YR01 when sold in BOM in VK11

You can make cond. type as manual in V/06 in Manual Entries. So, that when you sell that material in BOM, system will pick the price from condition record and when it is sold individually you will have to enter the price manually.

But that time be sure to delete the condition amount in sales order that is determined automatically through condition record.

Hope this will help you

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

we want both the conditions as automatic as i said we are maintaining condition records for both the cond.types.

I want to know whether i need to write a new routine and assign to the requirement column in the pricing proc. so that it will pick the condition type YR01 only when there is a BOM ?

it should ignore the YR00 condition type and should not show in the conditions tab of the item and also should not consider for any further processing.

or is there any other way of performing it ?

BR,

KB

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Firstly, identify the diffetences between the BOM and ind. item in the sales order.

Once you can pick the difference, built in the requirement of the access sequence of the condition.

It will be able to identify each and act according

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested by our mate, you have to identify one field which will distinguish BOM or Ind. material. Then you add this identified field in condition table, for this create condition table and put it in access sequence. So system will be able to identify two different amounts based on this field.

Hope you get some input

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colin & sagar,

Thanks for your inputs.

As per your advise, i need to modify the access sequence with different condition table including the specific field of difference, which i see as item category only as the material type of the component item will be same in the BOM as well as individual item.

So, can i use the item category field as the differential factor ?

If suppose we are maintaining the same access sequnece with the same condition tables, say, there is a difference in the key field data then will the system picks automatically the condition type based on this ?

or we also need to write a requirement saying that when ever there is a Bundle/BOM in the sales order, in the pricing procedure the BOM component item should pick the respective condition type only ?

Regards,

KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> So, can i use the item category field as the differential factor ?

No, i checked that field in field catalogue. it is not there.

Instead, you maintain two diff. values in Material Group field for that material say BOM Material and Individual mat.

In mat. master give value as BOM material for material group

Now,

Create condition table, add this field into the cond table, create access sequence include this cond. table in acc. seq. now Define cond. type say PR01, assign acc. seq to cond. type and finally add this cond. type in pricing proc.

Now create condition record in VK11 for the above cond. type and create two diff. cond. records - i.e. one record will have value as BOM mate. for mater. group and second record will have value Individual mat.

Now, when you create sales order for BOM material, system will pick price from cond. record created for BOM mater.

And, when you create sales order for ind. mate. that time you have to MANUALLY change material group of that material in the sales order at item level in SALES B tab. and in condition table click on Update button and select Carry Out New Pricing so that system will re run pricing and fetch the cond, record for Individual item. You can also check in Analysis how the pricing has been carried out

Try this and revert back

Hope you understood.

regards,

Sagar