cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Adapter Not Picking Any File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I am newbie in PI. Just tried to create File Content Conversion Scenario. Details as follow :

1. Source Directory ..\file\log\test_q.txt

2. Target Directory ..\file\log\xml\test_q.xml

Transport Protocol : NFS

Message Protocol : File Content Conversion

Adapter Engine : Integration Engine

I have completed all the design and configuration in IR and ID. However, when I produce the log file in the directory, nothing happen.

Hacing checked in the RWB as well, I could not find any clue. simply nothing happen.

Would you please advise me on how to trigger the interface? As per my understanding, sender file adapter will be activated directly once the file is created.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,

Y

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yonisiwa,

Things you should check here are:

1) If the sender file adapter is active or not.

2) If the source directory is correctly spelt or not. (Check if you are using the correct slash \ or /)

3) The file name/mask is correct or not.

4) The polling interval is too long.

Alternatively, you can check the message monitoring in RWB at the adapter level and go into the audit log if the message.

There you can see the reason for the file not being picked up.

Also check the Communication Channel status in the Component Monitoring link in RWB.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Many thanks for the your input. It is really helpful. I can see the error in CC monitoring.

Once again thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Y

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Have you filled proper details in the file channel and is the channel activated in ID?

2) Is the channel in Started status in RWB --> Communication Channel monitoring?

3) Is the file adapter locked? ....check in Visual Admin (till PI7.0) or NWA(for PI7.1 and above)

4) Do you have permission to read/ delete the file?