cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX DB 7.6 as Document server(DMS) and live cashe cluster on Windows 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have to perform the MAX DB 7.6 Clustering on windows 2003 Server for DMS and Live Cache.

can any one send me the steps with screen shots is very much helpful for me.

i am following the steps mentioned in the SAP Note 576063.

Your docuemnt will save my time to complete my task with in the time given to me.

you earliest reply is very much helpful for me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Kali Prasad

Edited by: Siva Kali Prasad on Jan 21, 2010 3:37 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this [installation guide |https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000342692008E]to get more information (Chapter7, Page No: 109/150).

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik G. Shroff,

Thanks for you prompt reply.

actually i am looking for Steps for MAX DB as DMS and Cache server not for SAP ERP DB...

Can you Please help me for the same.

i want detailed steps with screen shots....so that i can save my time in completing my task in the give time

Regards

Kali Prasad

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i want detailed steps with screen shots....so that i can save my time in completing my task in the give time

Nobody has such a document since each cluster and environment is different.

While setting up a HA environment it is very important to understand what is being done instead of just following a "click-here-and-now-there"-guide.

If you really want such a guide hire a basis consultant who will do the setup and create the document with you together, so in case of a problem you know what needs to be done.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Even if i didn't get the document also i have to perform the task.

I am trying my luck, if get the document before finishing the task it will be helpful for me.

if got any error in the installation procedure, i will definately post it here.

Thanks for your Prompt Response.

Regards

Kali Prasad

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Markus has told right thing.

I have given that link as reference, so that you can get some relevant information along with ur said SAP Note 576063.

By keeping in mind all steps mentioned in your said SAP Note 576063 and that reference link, Start your Installation procedure and document it with errors. This practice will be helpful for you and for others in future.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Edited by: Bhavik G. Shroff on Jan 21, 2010 4:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhavik G. Shroff,

I am not saying that Mr. Markus said wrong.

surely i will document it for my future use as well as for others who reqests in future like me .

Regards

Kali Prasad

Edited by: Siva Kali Prasad on Jan 21, 2010 5:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am able to install the content server on cluster by following the SAP Note No: 576063

Can any one give me the steps to create the URL for THe content server..?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kali

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the following SAP Notes, to get more information.

[Note 1039401 - SAP Content Server Clustering with Windows 2003.|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1039401]

[Note 175096 - SAP Content Server installation guide|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/175096]

[Note 658442 - SAP Content Server 6.30 on Windows 2003 servers|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/658442]

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhavik G. Shroff ,

Thank you for your Prompt reply.

I was little confused with the steps mentioned in the Note 658442.

but i have doubt again, we are using the content server MAX DB 7.6, but the above note says the configuration for MAXDB 6.30.

can you Provide me the steps for MAXDB 7.6

Regards

Siva Kali Prasad

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow the post installation activity part of [this Installation Guide|http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000659894&_OBJECT=011000358700003351242006E] (page no: 41,42) and also follow the steps mentioned in [this SAP Note|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/175096] as reference.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhavik G. Shroff,

We have installed the Max DB with the option as below,

My sap business Suite -->SAP NetWeaver 2004s Support Release 2 -->Standalone Engines --> Content Server --> MaxDB Database Instances (Installs MaxDB database instances for a Content Server and / or Cache Server)

With the above option we didn't get the option of installing web service for Content server

but we finished the installation and clustered the database with the assistance of Note 576063 with out any error.

but there is one more option available in the installation master

My sap business Suite -->SAP NetWeaver 2004s Support Release 2 -->Standalone Engines --> Content Server --> Content Server and / or Cache Server (Installs Content Server and / or Cache Server together with optional MaxDB database instances.)

in which it is creating the web service but here the database is optional, but it is installing the repositories. also it only taking the RDBMS software only 6.40 not the 7.6.

Kindly suggest me at the earliest.

Regards

Kali Prasad

Edited by: Siva Kali Prasad on Jan 24, 2010 6:36 PM

Edited by: Siva Kali Prasad on Jan 24, 2010 10:34 PM

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Content Server is an stand alone component which is used to different types of documents in large quantities. These documents are stored in integrated MAXDB Database Instance or at File system level. SAP Content Server provides technical infrastructure to access different kind of documents.

DMS like application gets transparent access of various documents by using HTTP interface of Content server, where all documents are stored in MAXDB DB Instance associated with Content Server.

Cache servers can also be used for distributed data retention to enable quick access to document contents if, for example, you want to display a document in a Web browser.

in which it is creating the web service but here the database is optional, 
but it is installing the repositories. also it only taking the RDBMS software only 6.40 not the 7.6.

6.40 is release level of SAP Content Server component, where as 7.6 is release level of MAXDB Database RDBMS.

For DMS setup, you will have to Install Content Serve/Cache Server with MaxDB Database Instance, with following optional ways.

a. You can create Content Server with its associated MAXDB Database Instance in one shot, by selecting "Install Content Server" and "Install Database Instance".'

b. First, You can Install Content/cache server only and then You can Install/create MAXDB Database Instance(s) for already installed Content/Cache server instance(s).

The Content Server & Cache Servers will be created with Web URLs with corresponding HTTP Ports ,if you select "Install Website" during Installation Process.

Rest of the Installation & Configuration Procedure with its meaningful information are well narrated in this [Installation Guide|http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000659894&_OBJECT=011000358700003351242006E] and other relative SAP Notes which i already have mentioned in my previous message.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Answers (0)