cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I will count the physical inventory every month end and want to post the difference in the system. I heard that we should not use 561 & 562 mvmts for this purpose. Why? I heard that we should use only

MI01 - Inventory document,

MI04 - Entering the exact physical inventory after counting

MI07 - system will show the difference & we have to just save the document, where system will adjust the stock accordingly.

In this process I need to use BAR CODE system, where the person will not count the material, instead he will scan them.

Can anyone tell me, what steps will be involved if we implement BAR CODE system to the above process.

Kindly help me in this.

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find the process for the bar code system

1.Create the Physical inventory document through MI01

2. Generate a report with having the articles with EAN no(Barcode) and send it to the scanners(Assumed Hand held terminals which is third party software)

3.In the scanner they will scan the bar code and enter the quantity

4 They will generate the file and kept in the server

5.Run the t code MI34 and select the file and upload which will be posted in the inventory count (MI04)

6.Run the t code Mi20 to see the differences

7.MI07 to post the inventory document

The above p[rocess is morely used in the retail stores,if you have any further clarifications on the same let me know

Regards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Damodhar,

Thank you very much for your valuble information. Now I will tell you with my exact product:

Its a cable manufacturing company. Where the finished cables will be rolled to huge drums. Each drum with cable is called as one batch. Now the person has to visit storage location and physically count the number of drums, which he dont want to do. He want to scan each material & finally the data (total count for each material) in the scanner should be downloaded and should upload to MI04 for the respective materials automatically. From here the MI07 will continue.

So please explain me step by step. If possible pass on your phone number, so that I will explain more clearly.

Thanks & Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Call me on 09910259049

Regards

Damu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

you use 561/562 for physical inventory? in standard system, this movement type books the initial stock account. normally this account won't be allowed to use since go-live...

don't know exactly the situation is...maybe it has been customized a bit in your system...