cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO Product cost is not updating in STD cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing Co-product costing and i have maintained the apportionment structure under the main product and have run the STD costing in CK40n, it is showing me the results in cost analysis under the main product with (- ) signe but when i am releasing it the standard cost is not updating in material master.

Can any one help in this.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jeff_lu2
Participant
0 Kudos

hi ,

we have similar scenario like the co-product you talked (repetitive manufacturing 😞

1. normally , the co-product in view Costing1 of material master should be ticked .

2. and then we will setup two sets of BOM and Routing (the one is for normal use and other one is for standard cost estimate use )

3. then create both of the two production version for normal production and calculation of std cost estimate running .

And the most important setting is that you have to give the production version which used for the calculation of std cost estimate in View costing1 .

Then the production version given will be captured during the calculation running of std cost estimate

irhasni_yunus2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I just want to add more information regarding required setting to define in Product costing. When you run product costing should with CK11N or with costing run (CK40N), you have to define The Costing Variant. The costing variant control the system of how the cost are calculated by accessing the material masters and which master data are selected. The costing variant consist of *Costing type, Valuation variant, Date control, Quantity structure control, transfer control and reference variant (if necessary).

The setting that affecting the field std price in the material master is the costing type. You can check the following menu path to check the setting: (IMG/spro)

Controlling > Product Cost Controlling>Material Cost Estimate with Quantity Structure--> Define Costing Variants.

Check the Costing variant you are using for the CK40N, then check what setting is defined in the costing type:

Controlling > Product Cost Controlling>Material Cost Estimate with Quantity Structure> Costing Variant: Components> Define Costing Types.

See the setting in the Price update tab. If you expect the CK40N will update the std price field, here price update setting must be set to 1 (standard price).

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Irhasni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done all the settings and it is updating the STD cost in my main product and also other products where CO- Product is not there,

Problem is when u run the STD cost in CK40n for the main product where it includes the CO-product also system is calculating the cost for main product and the Co-product also but when u mark it and release it, STD cost is updating only for the main product(prime grade) and not updating the CO-Product.

Strategy Sequence for material valuation.

Priority Strategy Sequence

1 planned price 1

2 Standard price

3 Moving Avg price

If you need any more information u can call me

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Were you able to resolve this ?

I am facing similar issue where I am able to calculate the co-product cost based on the apportionment method. The cost of co-product is getting deducted from the cost of the main product when I run the costing run. The cost estimate as posted price in the material master of the main product, but the price of the co-product is not updated in the material master .

Why it is updating price of the main product but not that of the co-product.

Thanks

Sunil

harnish_shah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you resolve the issue?

Warm regards,

CA. Harnish Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

in the costing variant, check the costing type. There it is defined if a price update is allowed or not and which field will be updated.

Best regards, Christian