cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC 3.0 - Control Rule Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum guru's,

I am working on PC3.0 and having an issue with the control rule assignment. Here's the steps that I've done thus far.

1) Created a new customer specific regulation on PC.

2) Assigned, new processes, sub-processes and controls to the new regulation (created under global compliance office and then assigned to the custom regulation).

3) Some of the controls are semi-automated controls.

However, when I go into the regulation, Select Evaluation Setup, then under Automated Test Rules, I select Control Rule assigment., I am unable to find any rules, processes, sub-processes or controls under my organisation using the search functionality.. Why would this be?

I am trying to link a few of the controls to the automated rules that come with PC. FYI ,we did install the FI starter kit as well.

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Rgds,

Prevo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prevo,

Make sure that your timeframe is correct and you are not trying to do control-rule assignment for the past.

Thanks & Regards,

Venky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prevo,

only controls that are flagged in the control documentation on the right hand side in the area of the "test attributes as "automated" or "semi automated" are available for a control-rule asignment.

On the left hand side of the sceen are the control attributes. To flagg them as automated or semi automated has no effect for the program logic.

So please flagg the automation in the test attributes and the control will be available to get a rules assigned.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for the input. Upon investigation, two of my controls are already configured with the test attributes as automated. I've also just re-configured (via the img) the test attributes of two other controls and changed them from manual to Automated, yet nothing comes up when trying to perform the control rule assignment.

In the control rule assignment screen in the portal, when searching under an organisation, I get the following error, "There are no data matching entered selection criteria."

If I remove the organisation selected, and click on "processes", then I can see only 4 of about 25 processes under the process section. But if I select a process and then search, I get the same error above.

Eagerly await a response,

Rgds,

Prev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prevo,

please enter only the first character with a * in the search field for Organizational Unit.

Testorganization1 means T*

testorg1 means t*

Leave all other fields blank and press the "Search" button. Then you should get all the "automated" and "semi-automated" controls (flagged in test attributes) that are availalble in the subprocesses assigned to your organizational unit.

If this does not work and all controls are valid and you are working in the current time frame (e. g. Year 2010) please open a CSS message on component GRC-SPC-AC.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for the advice, however I have no joy. I am working in the current time frame, i.e. 2010. All controls are valid, customised regulation is assigned the the relevant controls in which the test attributes are automated.

Logged a CSS message and will advise the outcome. Thanks for all the assistance.

Rgds,

Prevo.

0 Kudos

Hi Prevo,

There are couple of the settings that will trigger the Control Rule Assignment.

- System connector has to setup

- Rule scripts have to enter the right connector information

- Rules have to be released and select the valid connector from rule scripts

- OLSP has to setup with the right system connector

- Organization has to have the right OLSP assigned to it

It seems that you do not check the OLSP of your organization. Please take a look at that.

Best Regards,

Jennifer Cha

GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prevo,

all these points that Jennifer mentioned are finally important that the automated testing works.

The control rule assignment is not dependent on these other important configuration steps. If it does not work please file a message.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

0 Kudos

Yes. I agree with Juergen. Sometimes, it is a lot easier that you file the customer message and open the system connection for us to check.

Best Regards,

Jennifer

former_member212848
Participant
0 Kudos

Prevo,

Plese let us to know how did you fix this issue. I have the same problem. I also followed the indications that Jennifer gave.

Thanks

Alejandro