cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservices Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to develop a Webservice Interface to connect to ICT_SERVICE_DESK_API.

When I set up the interface, sap told me that the transactions wsadmin, wsconfig and so on are all obsolete. I should use soamanage instead.

Does this mean that the whole ICT_SERVICE_DESK_API is obsolete (and if so, what's the alternative?), or is it only the method to set it up?

Many thanks in advance and Best Regards,

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Fernando_Camare
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP recommends not to use Transactions WSCONFIG/LPCONFIG/WSADMIN but use the SOAMANAGER.

For the administration of new service definitions use transaction SOAMANAGER (SOA = Service Oriented Architecture).

You can test a web service involving a proxy object in SE80 by pressing the test button and giving the input as xml. It returns back the result also as xml. It is very close to web service Navigator tool in Java but not identical. This test even works without configuring the service in configuration tools (soamanager/wsconfig,wsadmin). This test tool does not expect endpoints to be available for the web service.

Best regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fernando,

many thanks for your answer,

may be my question was not clear enough or misleading...

I want to know if only the method of configuring the webservice (the transactions) are obsolet or if the whole webservice interface is obsolete.

What can I expect for the next sap version/patch? Will the webservice exist in the future, or will there be an alternative interface for external servicedesk?

Best Regards,

Wolfgang